Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Serial Dodgy Lexus Sellers

dendonc

From time to time an occasional post becomes 'topic disrupted' with some names of what some posters consider 'dodgy sellers', from what I have read I am not sure any of them are 'dodgy', some folks seem to condemn  them for making big profits, & others they simply give no reason or suggestion at all of what these traders have actually done 'wrong' so rather than saying things such as eg 'Oh he bought it of 'old dendonc' & fail to highlight what might might have happened other then a seller bought a car & resold it at a profit = buyers choice..........

So this post is hoped to highlight sellers current & past names who might be serial dodgy dealers, c'mone guys lets get them & the reasons behind thinking they are dodgy highlighted,. especially dodgy sellers who change their seller names from time to time.

34 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

Don't forget the laws of slander apply (while the person isn't dead!). But the noticing of suspicious activity (name switching etc.) can be pointed out.

Yes I know, you simply have write with due care, the laws of slander tight (narrow) in practice & what 'appears' to be slanderous is not in law. 

I speak with experience had problems ( dog training) with the senior lecturer in animal behaviour, Bristol University, I called her a liar online & published that on youtube, the uni lawyer wrote to me & told me to take it off, instead of taking it off I multiplied that vid & made 2 more satire vids about her, the I spread them all round the UK dog forums, they ended up on Facebook several others had posted them, I don't go there.

That was 2009 & they came up on a google P1 search for her name & some still come up P1 google search after all these years...The effect was it shut her up completely & forever since lying & misusing her position as senior lecturer for her own business promoting & profile heightening purpose....their lawyer never wrote to me again......'The Nutty Professor Rides Again':yahoo:

Google Search P1, Dr Rachel Casey

http://bit.ly/2ymiEIr

Youtube search, Dr Rachel Casey

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+rachel+casey

Chris, I think you mean Libel.

I personally will not be making any such contribution.

Let each judge what they read and caveat emptor applies where someone is unhappy with a purchase, but is not denied certain rights of redress.

This forum is about Car maintenace not a watchdog of sellers

16 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Let each judge what they read and caveat emptor

Exactly Stuart & look at the age of the cars were dealing with on this part of the forum, mine was 23 year old in Aug with 174,000 miles on it......& I expect it to outperform & new Jag, am stupid or is my LS so damn good??

• Like 1

Your Lexus IS so damn good although if it looked like a Jag the world would know. We would be stuffed.

It is fair to factually point to inconsistency in ads or from businesses. The only caveat is to be factual, ask questions without direct implication. There is a right of reply and judging by the way ads are removed, one might wonder whether some sellers are tapping the forum? Maybe not. (😜)

2 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

It is fair to factually point to inconsistency in ads or from businesses

Yes, but, there is a lot of misuderstanding about the Libel laws, I can say for inst...''My thinking is that Joe Bloggs car seller is nothing but a rip off'', that may sound like libel but it is not, I have simply made a statement about ''my thinking''......I have no statement at all about Joe Bloggs or his business, I am entitled to publicly talk about ''my thinking''........

Libel & slander cases are very expensive starting around a cool £250,000 and that would need paying into court before any counsel would even consider taking it on so with that in mind it would need to be a serious slander or libel.  These laws are for the rich and famous.

• Like 2

Yes “misunderstanding” sums it up.

Despite the news, we still have free speech. If you can’t express yourself legally or fear to do so, you can report your concerns to trading standards or the police. 

Bringing a libel case is very expensive and very risky.

BlogLex of Brighton (any similarity or reference to any individual living or business is unintentional and coincidental) are unlikely to be able to spell “libel” given by their ads.

38 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Libel & slander cases are very expensive starting around a cool £250,000 and that would need paying into court before any council would even consider taking it on so with that in mind it would need to be a serious slander or libel.  These laws are for the rich and famous.

Yep. Let’s look after each other as always and be fair and reasonable in the process. We’ll be fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links