Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless Entry

Do any is300h owners with keyless entry have the function to open the rear doors before any of the front ones? I'm suprised my premier premium doesn't have that. 

My previous fords with keyless entry I could open the rear doors and the other doors would open.

Is there a setting within the car to enable rear door keyless opening?

12 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Do any is300h owners with keyless entry have the function to open the rear doors before any of the front ones? I'm suprised my premier premium doesn't have that. 

My previous fords with keyless entry I could open the rear doors and the other doors would open.

Is there a setting within the car to enable rear door keyless opening?

No there's no sensors on the rear door handles. 

The only way to do it is to get front door handles and swap them for back and then wire them in to the rest of them I would presume.

The only one I know with all 4 is the 4RX and new LS. I expect all newer models from there onwards to have all 4 doors

Thanks Rayaans. I thought as much. I can' understand how a 'luxury ' car maker doesn't have all 4 doors wired in the keyless entry mode. Crikey I've had 4 of my last 5 fords which had all 4 doors in the keyless entry mode, ok they were top spec cars but none the less. 

Come on lexus get your rear ends into action.

Are we really saying we're too lazy to press a button on the key fob when you want to open the rear doors first?

I actually find it useful not to have keyless opening on the rear doors. I try the back doors to make sure the car is locked. Same on the wife's Jazz.

Remember the days when the gentleman would use the keys to unlock the passenger door first so the lady could get in. Or am I just showing my age now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Thanks Rayaans. I thought as much. I can' understand how a 'luxury ' car maker doesn't have all 4 doors wired in the keyless entry mode. Crikey I've had 4 of my last 5 fords which had all 4 doors in the keyless entry mode, ok they were top spec cars but none the less. 

Come on lexus get your rear ends into action.

To be fair the current IS is over 4 years old now so I'd expect it to come on the new one in about 2 years time

GS, RX and NX are technically in class above so it's not unexpected that they have it.

The BMW 3 series only has front door comfort access as well - something which you actually have to pay separately for! 

You know what PaulWhitt since my last 4 cars in 6 years have been keyless entry and start I've forgotten that I have buttons on my fob lol. Cheers for your post And the fact it' a good way to check the car is locked.

Heads up to you pal :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Are we really saying we're too lazy to press a button on the key fob when you want to open the rear doors first?

I actually find it useful not to have keyless opening on the rear doors. I try the back doors to make sure the car is locked. Same on the wife's Jazz.

Remember the days when the gentleman would use the keys to unlock the passenger door first so the lady could get in. Or am I just showing my age now!

I just look at the mirrors :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Just to pile on the agony, my NX has this. I find it useful when exiting as I often lock using the back door as I pass. 

Although every vehicle we've mentioned so far in the Lexus range that has it on all 4 doors are in higher price brackets.....