Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally took some piccys

It's been over a week since I got the car and I took it on a bit of a grand tour towards the end of the week. I even remembered to stop and take some photos

The car is great, even better than I had hoped for.

One question...is it possible to make the wing mirrors fold in when the car is locked? Other Lexus' I have had used to do this, and I can't figure it out for this one.

Cheers

Simon

2017-11-10 10.19.36.jpg

2017-11-10 10.33.18.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, SCB said:

It's been over a week since I got the car and I took it on a bit of a grand tour towards the end of the week. I even remembered to stop and take some photos

The car is great, even better than I had hoped for.

One question...is it possible to make the wing mirrors fold in when the car is locked? Other Lexus' I have had used to do this, and I can't figure it out for this one.

Cheers

Simon

2017-11-10 10.19.36.jpg

2017-11-10 10.33.18.jpg

@SCB Thanx for the pics Simon glad you’ve been out enjoying her we don’t want no garage queens on here 😂

🐀

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Sorry to interrupt the "garage queens" debate, back to my original question relating to the automatic folding mirrors. I checked on my car as suggested and it does not have the auto fold function. So,  i'm in for the aftermarket solution. How easy or otherwise would this be to fit, is there anyone going on Sunday who can show me or talk me through what is required?

Looking forward to meeting as many owners as possible on Sunday

Cheers

@SCB Hi Simon

Cant think of anyone in the usual group that has done it, no uk isF had it fitted to the best of my knowledge, this fantastic article I've attached was sent to me a while back from an uncle in Australia who's neighbour is a serial isF buyer, anyway here it is. It depicts a is250 but it's the same for an isF.

Big Rat

fetch?id=133633

I’m a bit confused (it don’t take a lot)........folding mirrors when it locks? Or folding mirrors in general??.......there’s a button by that you can fold them in on prior to locking, but not sure if this helps?.......it’s been a long week underground 😔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I’m a bit confused (it don’t take a lot)........folding mirrors when it locks? Or folding mirrors in general??.......there’s a button by that you can fold them in on prior to locking, but not sure if this helps?.......it’s been a long week underground 😔

Yea, when you lock the car the mirrors will auto fold

Hi Womble 72, what I was looking to do was to get the mirrors to fold in automatically when I lock the car with the remote.  I know it's a bit anal, but as "senior moments" become increasingly frequent I can't remember whether or not I locked the car. If the mirrors are folded in, I know I did lock it - it saves that dance of walking away from the car, stopping, walking back to check the doors then walking away again.  

I'll check out the link to the other topic.

Love this site guys, so much information