Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only 5 on Autotrader right now

8 minutes ago, BUG4LIFE said:

Gutted, a 2009 with 57k miles I’m sure would of been in my price range on the private marketing...now the dealer has added their chunk on it, it isn’t ;(

@BUG4LIFE As always got to be worth a try a punt at a lower offer especially as it gets towards the end of the month.

🐀

I understand your pain Rhys ( @BUG4LIFE ).

There was no way I would advertise a car like the F on PH or AT. I could have got lucky and had a decent person buy the car, but there's all the hassle of tyre kicking, test drives, haggling and money exchange. 

I would have sold to someone on here, but I'm not a Gold member, so even mentioning the car was up for sale would have been a NO NO.  

It is a shame. The car is in better condition that it ever was. Here are some details for anyone who visits Lexus Stoke

Year: 2009

Garage queen - used only at weekends (preferably in the dry)

Driven like Miss Daisy (most of the time)

Warranty: June 2019

Servicing: Full Lexus - last done June 2017

MOT: June 2017

Front tyres: Last month

Rear tyres: June 2017

Steering rack: There's a design fault with the ISF steering rack - my whole rack was repaired under warranty (£3.5k)

Cat back Infiniti exhaust (I've given the original boxes to Lexus Stoke)

Body work unmarked

All wheels refurbished by Lexus Bristol back in the Summer

Airbag recall - DONE

• Like 2

On 16/11/2017 at 8:45 PM, Big Rat said:

@Womble72 Paul haven't quite finished my Mesa list as yet, absolutely it would be great if some could come from Europe we've a member or two on here from France as well 👍

🐀

Well if any of us owners of red cars car help with the Mesa red let then let us know.  If there's not many then we will be able to manage to track them down!

Marcus

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I understand your pain Rhys ( @BUG4LIFE ).

There was no way I would advertise a car like the F on PH or AT. I could have got lucky and had a decent person buy the car, but there's all the hassle of tyre kicking, test drives, haggling and money exchange. 

I would have sold to someone on here, but I'm not a Gold member, so even mentioning the car was up for sale would have been a NO NO.  

It is a shame. The car is in better condition that it ever was. Here are some details for anyone who visits Lexus Stoke

Year: 2009

Garage queen - used only at weekends (preferably in the dry)

Driven like Miss Daisy (most of the time)

Warranty: June 2019

Servicing: Full Lexus - last done June 2017

MOT: June 2017

Front tyres: Last month

Rear tyres: June 2017

Steering rack: There's a design fault with the ISF steering rack - my whole rack was repaired under warranty (£3.5k)

Cat back Infiniti exhaust (I've given the original boxes to Lexus Stoke)

Body work unmarked

All wheels refurbished by Lexus Bristol back in the Summer

Airbag recall - DONE

No problem mate. I didn’t realise there was ‘rules’ like that on here...which seems a pity as I’m a serious buyer and want to be part of this owners club. I don’t know if a PM would of been against the rules?!

I think when people call about a car you’ve got for sale you can pick out serious buyers, but I’ve never sold a car privately as expensive or high performance as an ISF so I imagine there is a certain amount of worry. The last car I sold was an Integra Type-R, I’m sure you can imagine the kind of people they could attract! A young lad from Scotland caught a plane to come see it so I knew he wasn’t going home without it (he was bugging me for months on a Honda forum to sell).

I’ll keep my eye on it and maybe put in a cheeky offer (I mean how many people are looking to buy such a car coming up to Xmas)!!

1 minute ago, BUG4LIFE said:

No problem mate. I didn’t realise there was ‘rules’ like that on here...which seems a pity as I’m a serious buyer and want to be part of this owners club. I don’t know if a PM would of been against the rules?!

I think when people call about a car you’ve got for sale you can pick out serious buyers, but I’ve never sold a car privately as expensive or high performance as an ISF so I imagine there is a certain amount of worry. The last car I sold was an Integra Type-R, I’m sure you can imagine the kind of people they could attract! A young lad from Scotland caught a plane to come see it so I knew he wasn’t going home without it (he was bugging me for month on a Honda forum to sell).

I’ll keep my eye on it and maybe put in a cheeky offer (I mean how many people are looking to buy such a car coming up to Xmas)!!

That sounds like a very good plan! :wink3:

2 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

I think when people call about a car you’ve got for sale you can pick out serious buyers, but I’ve never sold a car privately as expensive or high performance as an ISF so I imagine there is a certain amount of worry. The last car I sold was an Integra Type-R, I’m sure you can imagine the kind of people they could attract! A young lad from Scotland caught a plane to come see it so I knew he wasn’t going home without it (he was bugging me for months on a Honda forum to sell).

@BUG4LIFEDon’t do it in pm’s as well any form of contact selling is against not allowed unless your a gold member, should you need help as regards these matters give one of us a call.

🐀

2 hours ago, AlanS said:

@BUG4LIFE

good to see an ex integra type r owners here, was it a DC5 you owned?

DC2 mate, JDM. Here it is (if this works) https://farm4.staticflick

Amazing car. The gear change was something else (as I’m sure you know). I do really like the DC5 too. 

2 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

Amazing car. The gear change was something else (as I’m sure you know). I do really like the DC5 too. 

Lovely, I had one too. It wasn't as nice as yours but great fun 😎

• Like 1

Anyone else feel we are Reaching a turning point With the prices of the Isf? 

Maybe its because right now there are only a handful on Autotrader and none under £20k but it's feels as though these are now becoming as desired classic.

The 2 previous cars i had both followed the same path but after i sold 😬

2004 Clio v6 sold for £13.5 and now slightly over £30k and 2002 bmw z3m coupe sold last one at £13k And now one Is up for £55k. 

Maybe if i sell now You are guaranteed the prices will double...😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kieron1977 said:

Anyone else feel we are Reaching a turning point With the prices of the Isf? 

Maybe its because right now there are only a handful on Autotrader and none under £20k but it's feels as though these are now becoming as desired classic.

The 2 previous cars i had both followed the same path but after i sold 😬

2004 Clio v6 sold for £13.5 and now slightly over £30k and 2002 bmw z3m coupe sold last one at £13k And now one Is up for £55k. 

Maybe if i sell now You are guaranteed the prices will double...😃

I think we are seeing a blip.

My view is that the ISF is so unknown that it would require a major push to make it desirable.

Eventually I suspect the ISF despite its reliability,  will become a very expensive car to maintain. With no warranties, no independents and lack of parts, things could get tough.

On 11/18/2017 at 5:25 PM, BUG4LIFE said:

@BUG4LIFE & @AlanS

Talk to me Goose....  I had 2x DC2 Integra Type R's, a DC5 Integra Type R and an S2000....  Hence FK2 Type R is on my next car list after the F :-)

Running order...

DC2

S2000

DC5

DC2

I LOVE THEM :-)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@FTBBCVoodoo Yep love the dc’s as well....... er sorry 😐 😊 It was looking at all those planes yesterday at Cosford 😂3550D215-3C3F-4011-AC0D-62186CE362FB.jpeg.19e0f2ea0ae3fcb707cf1edf32bf6683.jpeg

Big Rat

I was a DC10 boy.  Flight to Hong Kong as a 2 year old with British Caledonian ;-)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I was a DC10 boy.  Flight to Hong Kong as a 2 year old with British Caledonian ;-)

@FTBBCVoodoo Respect for that never been on one always wanted to, bored a few on here yesterday at Cosford telling them about the Hastings there brought me to this country in 1963 from Singapore  oh that noise 😂

🐀

34 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@FTBBCVoodoo Respect for that never been on one always wanted to, bored a few on here yesterday at Cosford telling them about the Hastings there brought me to this country in 1963 from Singapore  oh that noise 😂

🐀

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I used to love flying British Caledonian. The last of a real airlines that knew how to look after you. I think they were one of the last UK airlines to use the VC10 a fantastic aircraft one of the finest planes to ever made.