Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only 5 on Autotrader right now

Well ‘The Rat’ was on the ropes with one or two naysayers on here about raising the profile of The is-F I won’t mention any names @Flytvr oops 😬 

But wouldn’t want to celebrate to early either, but with if I may say so  a great bunch of people on here well apart from that little builder bloke from Somerset can’t remember his name but @Big Rat you know who you are 🙄

Anyway I was wondering if there ought to be an ‘F’ car meet next year as the is-F is ten years old round about March time what do others think, needs to be somewhere central and although I don’t have a family it ought to be perhaps a family oriented location ?

Big Rat

• Like 6

2 hours ago, stevet said:

1 on Lexus website and 4 on PistonHeads, are they the same 5 as on AT?

Pistonheads and Autotrader are duplicates.

So, including @Mark G's at Cheltenham Lexus and one modified example on eBay, that makes 7.

• Like 1

Yes it’s the fewest I’ve see too . Going to be hard if your in the market looking to buy . Do you think with so few available the prices will start to rise 
Nail on the head.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Well ‘The Rat’ was on the ropes with one or two naysayers on here about raising the profile of The is-F I won’t mention any names @Flytvr oops 😬 

But wouldn’t want to celebrate to early either, but with if I may say so  a great bunch of people on here well apart from that little builder bloke from Somerset can’t remember his name but @Big Rat you know who you are 🙄

Anyway I was wondering if there ought to be an ‘F’ car meet next year as the is-F is ten years old round about March time what do others think, needs to be somewhere central and although I don’t have a family it ought to be perhaps a family oriented location ?

Big Rat

Now there Ratty. I think I've done my fair share of promoting the F, from posting on Pistonheads and organising meets:yahoo:. However, I imagine this is just a blip in the market stats. Time will tell.

Definitely worth stoking up the PH thread from time to time (https://www.pistonheads.com/news/general/lexus-is-f-spotted/36636)

• Like 2

@FlytvrOwners of Dirty cars and silver cars don’t count....... hang on that’s me as well 😬

Yes i agree to be cautious but the fact remains there are so few in total anyway that there will never be more than a dozen or so max for sale at any one time.

Pistonheads yes read it a fair bit especially the political stuff it’s an eye opener, the car stuff seems almost inconsequential 😏

Big Rat

• Like 1

I’d love a proper F meet, be great to get a load of us together, good idea! :thumbup1:

Be nice for folks to see the car in person as well, rather than just reading about it or seeing photos.

Liking the idea a lot Ratty! :thumbup:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Now there Ratty. I think I've done my fair share of promoting the F, from posting on Pistonheads and organising meets:yahoo:. However, I imagine this is just a blip in the market stats. Time will tell.

Definitely worth stoking up the PH thread from time to time (https://www.pistonheads.com/news/general/lexus-is-f-spotted/36636)

It sounds really cheesy but things like these really are good PR for the ISF.

It's a really good thread.  Only worry I have is that the only people that will read it have already been converted! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

It sounds really cheesy but things like these really are good PR for the ISF.

It's a really good thread.  Only worry I have is that the only people that will read it have already been converted! Lol

Good points - but I think we should keep it going 😜

I’ve noticed that currently there are no silver or ‘funny’ red ISFs for sale 😜

• Like 1

Definitely up for a March 10th anniversary meet. Seeing I will be missing out on Cosford this weekend.
Maybe we can get Lexus or at least a dealership involved. Get them to bring down a few F models for people to nose around. You think they'd want to make a song and dance about 10 years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Definitely up for a March 10th anniversary meet. Seeing I will be missing out on Cosford this weekend.
Maybe we can get Lexus or at least a dealership involved. Get them to bring down a few F models for people to nose around. You think they'd want to make a song and dance about 10 years.

@Toothy All good points I’ll start a list and start looking at some locations and the proximity of Lexus dealerships, I will say from outset as regards ‘F ‘ models I know @Flytvr and @Mark G who shall be known henceforth as the ‘founding members’ 😊have had good relationships with Cheltenham Lexus and the dealer principal there Tim is something of a Petrol head racing a GT86 and previously had an is-F .

Also Alex Jaskowski there who organises corporate events had his own RCF and previously owned an is-F.

So in essence they are our sort of dealership, now I accept they are hardly centrally located but it’s a starting point I’ll enquire what there geographic boundaries are.

What do others think ?

Big Rat

• Like 1

Think my passport is in date for a trip south of the border:biggrin: 

A meet does sound good though, i'll see if i can get the water tank and wash buckets in the boot... might even be enough water for another F :smile:  

• Haha 2

I’d love to attend a 10th anniversary meet - maybe a centrally located main dealer could host? They’d get a good bit of free PR with owners of their former flagship F car, we’d get some free biccies and nice cups of coffee with those little caramelised biscuits on the side? 

Unfortunately, through sheer coincidence, the 10th March is an anniversary of my own. Not sure if Mrs Funex would appreciate being dragged to a car meet on our special day.... I’ll ask though! :biggrin:

@d3ron Daron out of production since 2013, you can buy subject to their inspection and fault rectification a two year warranty, they frequently offer the two years for the price of one at a little less than  a grand, which is pretty good value.

Try to get something like that for that money for a similar year M3 or C63 and it would cost you considerably more I know I've done the maths 😏

Bug Rat