Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Courtesy cars

So this time I got a nice looking red RC300h, which I have to say worked well but I really thought lacked character and the red just wasn't my thing...

Before that I've had an RC-F loaner, which persuaded  me to really consider one after the IS-F, having previously been put off them by the reviews. Unlike the RC300h, which convinced my that I'm not replacing my V8 for a hybrid this decade...

Also had a CT200, which, which I've liked the look of for a long time, however driving it was, surprise surprise, just like driving a Prius, which made me wonder about the point of the thing....

Still hoping to get a GSF when I take my car back for the airbag recall....

Lucky you, I guess owning IS-F gives you some advantage... I never get anything beyond IS300h, most of the time brand new CT's ... and I really getting tired of that. Had RC300h, but that wasn't a loaner, but rather 24h test drive. I asked few times for RC-F but it seems no dealer near London have them as "demo car" i.e. car which has insurance and can be driven without Lexus company, they only offer "extended test drive" for me which I believe is not sufficient to understand car like RC-F.

I owned a CT200h for 3 years and it was OK, never really loved it though, and the last couple of times I had one as a loaner I couldnt wait to give it back and get back in my gen 4 RX. Not an entirely fair comparison but I am afraid the CT is not up to other Lexus models. My IS300h was significantly more Lexus like and a much nicer driving experience on every level. No offense meant to CT owners

• Like 2

, they only offer "extended test drive" for me which I believe is not sufficient to understand car like RC-F.

You'd need a 6 month test.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, JonP said:

So this time I got a nice looking red RC300h, which I have to say worked well but I really thought lacked character and the red just wasn't my thing...

Before that I've had an RC-F loaner, which persuaded  me to really consider one after the IS-F, having previously been put off them by the reviews. Unlike the RC300h, which convinced my that I'm not replacing my V8 for a hybrid this decade...

Also had a CT200, which, which I've liked the look of for a long time, however driving it was, surprise surprise, just like driving a Prius, which made me wonder about the point of the thing....

Still hoping to get a GSF when I take my car back for the airbag recall....

In my experience the reviews, or at least most of them are absolute b'ollocks, its as though these road testers have to come up with negatives when they sometimes cant find any, now I am not saying all Lexus models are found to be perfect by all Lexus owners but I really don't understand some of the rubbish that is written by some of the road testers so don't let this put you off a particular model just make up your own mind.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Comedian said:

You'd need a 6 month test.

Going to tell them that next time... "pfff extended drive - I need 6 months to make-up my mind!" I must say I always want to be back, whenever that is CT200h or IS300h... I am not fan of these hybrids. For me hybrid should not mean compromise for performance, sadly they are.

Performance is almost irrelevant to many buyers. They buy a car the same way they buy a fridge.

You know, like when you see someone driving a brand new hideous Peugeot or something, and you wonder how they arrived at that decision.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, mike m said:

@JonP can't believe you got an RCF as a loaner. Most of the times I end up with a CT or IS300h but I've been given a couple of brand new RX450s in the past.

It was the sales managers at the time. He's running a yellow LC500 now, but they wouldn't give me that for some reason...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Comedian said:

Performance is almost irrelevant to many buyers. They buy a car the same way they buy a fridge.

You know, like when you see someone driving a brand new hideous Peugeot or something, and you wonder how they arrived at that decision.

Typical "non-car guy" choice - "give me something reliable to get me from point A to point B". For dealer that means - "give him/her something awful we could not sell and charge extra".

I don't remember who said that (might be Jeremy Clarkson), but I fount that quote quite good. It was along the lines - "non-car people are like doctor/surgeon who is not interested in medicine - would you like to be treated by one? If you generally not interested in something you cannot become really good at it and therefore non-car people should not be allowed to drive!"

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links