Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Puncture repair

Had to leave the car at home with a flat tyre this morning, my question is when I get home from work can I use the supplied repair kit just to inflate the tyre without inserting the gunk so I can drive to local tyre centre?

Not being familiar with the kit in your car I'd suggest inflating it as much as you can and going somewhere very close by if it holds the pressure. Can you see if there's an object in the tread? If it's away from the sidewall then it's a repair and avoid using the gunk at all costs as most places won't touch tyres once you've used it. If the damage is on or near the sidewall then do whatever because it'll be replaced anyway.

The compressor can’t be used just as an inflator, it has to be connected to the valve through the goo bottle and as I can’t see any sign of the offending object I have called RAC and hope they can help me out. At least the cars outside the house and I’m not stuck for getting to work as we have 2 cars.

You can still use the goo, not a problem

Just tell the tyre guy to clean it out 

Some people think the gunk cant be removed but the tyre fitters are too lazy to actually remove it because it certainly can.

On 17/11/2017 at 6:38 PM, 200h said:

why is it you always get a puncture in your good tyres and never in a worn tyre nearing the end of its life

I believe its called Sods Law... :w00t:

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

I believe its called Sods Law... 

Quite. And I just can't have tyres with different tread depth on the same axle. It's like nails down a black board, within 24 hours I will have bought another new tyre. And different brands or tread patterns on the same axle? I wouldn't sleep.

• Like 1