Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ring Taxis

Just wondering if they still run an F model as a ring taxi. Seen a few good videos with the ISF ring taxi but those are getting on abit now. Wouldn't mind a run round with an experienced nutter behind the wheel lol.

Had a look on the ring site but couldn't see any lexus models mentioned.

4 hours ago, mike m said:

Just wondering if they still run an F model as a ring taxi. Seen a few good videos with the ISF ring taxi but those are getting on abit now. Wouldn't mind a run round with an experienced nutter behind the wheel lol.

Had a look on the ring site but couldn't see any lexus models mentioned.

Afraid not Mike.  

Not sure what happened to the ISF Ring Taxi but they are 99% German at the minute with a mixture of current shape M3's, a couple of AMG GT-R's and Mr Bridge To Gantry - Dale Lomas (looking a bit bored in the background as a wet day) flying a UK flag in an F-Type R Coupe.

FB_IMG_1510704311818.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

First time I've watched a ring taxi video in full. It shows just how capable the isf is in the right hands. 

@Rusty Crobar Pails into insignificance compared to your talents me fella me lad, I’d be more than happy to sit next to you doing precisely that over there...... no where’s my passport 😂

🐀

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar Pails into insignificance compared to your talents me fella me lad, I’d be more than happy to sit next to you doing precisely that over there...... no where’s my passport 😂

🐀

@Big Rat what are you trying to say???  I had 3 passengers in this one and was quicker than the Ring Taxi ;-). Better camera as well :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I crash every time I drive the 'ring on the PlayStation, there's no way I could be trusted to drive it in real life 😃

I think I'd be mildly terrified driving round with mine. More the thought of getting caught up in somebody else's error. 

They don't half know how to charge for recovery lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I crash every time I drive the 'ring on the PlayStation, there's no way I could be trusted to drive it in real life 😃

You would be surprised.  It's actually a lot wider in real life than it appears on any console version I have played.  1st time you drive it like a country lane that you don't know and check you mirrors...  a lot...  in case of Meganes ;-)  I generally drive it with my windows open as well as you will hear a lot of exotic things before you see them (namely GT3's) so you can prepare yourself for getting out of the way.  In 2016 a kiddie was going around in a Gumpert Apollo.  Did not want to tangle with that ;-)

Most people who get involved in accidents are generally driving like idiots and their ambition strongly outweighs the capability of their tyres, brakes and more importantly themselves.

If you watch youtube crashes on the Ring it's usually people trying to show off as they know someone is filming at those points.  

It's loads of fun but gets expensive.  I destroyed a set of brembo discs and pads when there in Sept along with a rear set of tyres.  That plus it's 30 Euros a lap on the weekend and every 4 laps is a tank of fuel - if driving properly ;-)   But...  the petrol stations have 102 Octane fuel so it's all worth it :-)

• Like 1