Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

( pics below )

made some small changes and very happy with results.

1. replaced head light bulbs D2S. removed 4300k and fitted 8000k, gives car modern look like new cars.

2. carbon roof spoiler lip fitted, bought from eBay for £20 and very decent quality.

3. fitted red LED strip brake light bentley stylee 

4. replaced third brake light bulb with small red led's

5. Private plate just to hide car age 

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, katana92_uk said:

I am quite pleased with my '95 plate, it highlights the quality of what I'm driving.

Nice job with the lights & good price.

Hi All,
( pics below )
made some small changes and very happy with results.
1. replaced head light bulbs D2S. removed 4300k and fitted 8000k, gives car modern look like new cars.
2. carbon roof spoiler lip fitted, bought from ebay for £20 and very decent quality.
3. fitted red led strip brake light bentley stylee 
4. replaced third brake light bulb with small red led's

IMG_0498.thumb.jpg.e2e2059e61d686dc937dccd63c827afd.jpg
IMG_0501.thumb.jpg.507b654376863db93a0e5d2b193a1687.jpg
IMG_0503.thumb.jpg.10614b6172c853fe6b203d2b9cdf7e27.jpg
IMG_0505.thumb.jpg.d5293a29f866d12dccfb9f75935f67b3.jpg
IMG_0506.thumb.jpg.07616677cf43549a96f3ea72b80bce39.jpg
IMG_0508.thumb.jpg.3216f167f7659930f1b5a3dbc37c2e0c.jpg
IMG_0512.thumb.jpg.3b6a5ed63cdc658d8829d0040a1b3222.jpg
IMG_0513.thumb.jpg.9da93f1251ab17f3cce51e0b457ce7bd.jpg
IMG_0514.thumb.jpg.aee7f4c5333711d3ff56e44e88bb856a.jpg
IMG_0516.thumb.jpg.9afca5da9a381833f89b53325a878dc7.jpg
Very nice mods. Didn't know there was anything that could be changed or altered on the 430. Gets me thinking now.[emoji4]

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Very nice - that rear widnow at night would I imagine attract the attention of the fuzz down here in essex. 

I've been searching for orange strip LED's to replace the front indicator lights as I only have a single forward facing bulb and could route to the side.  Don't know if it can be done or anything out there?

51 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

how Easy was the bulb replacing for you? I had to remove the air box and overflow bottle to manage the change?

right side I had to remove that fuse box thing, but left side I managed without having to remove any thing.

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

I am quite pleased with my '95 plate, it highlights the quality of what I'm driving.

Nice job with the lights & good price.

True, In edinburgh I have not seen another facelift LS, and alot of people ask me what year it is etc now when I say its 2012 they very easily believe me, hehehe

thats shows how great these cars are.

But when I tell them its 2004 and it has done 248k Miles their jaw just drops. :)

53 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Very nice - that rear widnow at night would I imagine attract the attention of the fuzz down here in essex. 

I've been searching for orange strip LED's to replace the front indicator lights as I only have a single forward facing bulb and could route to the side.  Don't know if it can be done or anything out there?

this 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Car-9-LED-Yellow-Rearview-Mirror-Light-Strip-Lamp-Turn-Signal-Indicator-Set/142450170108?epid=10005689014&hash=item212ab118fc:g:u7wAAOSwCi1Z4JKT

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Soft-Yellow-Amber-LED-Car-Rear-View-Mirror-Light-Lamp-Turn-Signal-Indicator/152478781168?hash=item2380718ef0:g:cawAAOSwuLZYz5gx

or simply buy any orange LED strip or light and use these relay resistors to make them flash 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-LED-Indicator-50W-6-Flash-Rate-Relay-Turn-Signal-Load-Resistor-Bulbs-Ballast/162337522305?epid=2056370220&hash=item25cc120281:g:m5EAAOSwyXNaBUDq

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

The JDM Celsior indicator units have bulbs in both the front and side sections if you can find a set.

3 hours ago, dendonc said:

Why?

Personally, I've never seen a rear Window lit up like that. Lexus (and W140's) had a bit of a reputation at one time as being favoured by certain "undesirable" members of the community.  I wouldn't want to try going through Customs with such a bold statement.  The unusual always attracts attention. Bit like Blackened out Windows.  but maybe I'm wrong?

8 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

The unusual always attracts attention.

you're very right with this .....  on my Grand Tour of Italy a couple of years ago I was stopped about 15 times by the police for nothing other than " out of curiosity " ..............  never having seen such a car methinks ...............   and mine is just straight standard issue Mk3 Ls400 :yes:

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

... Italy a couple of years ago I was stopped about 15 times by the police ...

As we all know the Italians can spot a good car a mile off, so not just Lambos but LS pique their interest. 

15 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Have you got a link for that please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5050-LED-Strip-Light-12V-Car-Auto-Van-White-Blue-Red-Green-Pink-10-30-CM-Xmas/322244849126?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=511145816807&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

£4 only and its great quality. 5050 LED type

5050 means much brighter

12 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Personally, I've never seen a rear Window lit up like that. Lexus (and W140's) had a bit of a reputation at one time as being favoured by certain "undesirable" members of the community.  I wouldn't want to try going through Customs with such a bold statement.  The unusual always attracts attention. Bit like Blackened out Windows.  but maybe I'm wrong?

I must admit, alot of light is bouncing on back parcel shelf and rear seat head rests. Also back window was bit steamed up so that also makes it look much brighter.

Next step is to fit some base on it so it doesnt bounce on parcel shelf.

some thing like this

2 hours ago, katana92_uk said:

Brilliant, thanks, just ordered one now.

• Like 1

good idea and good product.

at mo i am using front fogs with LED bulb as DRL

IMG_0512.jpg

Doesn't that mean that you have to have your side/tail/numberplate lights on all the time as well? The foglights on my RX300 only get power when the sidelights are on.

I used those dual colour switchback LEDs on mine in place of the indicator bulbs and they do work really well (video here):

21 hours ago, steve2006 said:

The JDM Celsior indicator units have bulbs in both the front and side sections if you can find a set.

I think that may be because the Celsior doesn't have indicator lights on the wing?  So, not essential to the '93 Car and if I recall the indicators being a two part set, which lock together, it probably makes a strip light impossible without  cutting into the lock sections.

4 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Doesn't that mean that you have to have your side/tail/numberplate lights on all the time as well? The foglights on my RX300 only get power when the sidelights are on.

I used those dual colour switchback LEDs on mine in place of the indicator bulbs and they do work really well (video here):

yes correct, which is pain. I really like your idea.

so do they turn on as soon as you put key in ignition ? I mean how do they turn on ? and do they flash both when hazzard lights are on ?

also link you shared above, will they fit my car ? 

Thanks

yes correct, which is pain. I really like your idea.

so do they turn on as soon as you put key in ignition ? I mean how do they turn on ? and do they flash both when hazzard lights are on ?

also link you shared above, will they fit my car ? 

Thanks

Taking your last question first, I don't know what size/shape indicator bulbs your car uses so I don't really know. My RX300 uses a WY21W, which is a wedge base, amber, 21W bulb and in the picture below, the LEDs I needed were the ones with the T20 7440 base. Yours may be different but I'm sure it'll be one of the four available. If your manual doesn't help, just pull an existing bulb out and compare.

ledbase.jpg.cb0b6337fca95f23c79a52a06bc15f54.jpg

The only other thing to take into account is the physical size of the bulb itself:

ledsize.jpg.07534152fd090afb8137cc48ea00eef5.jpg

Technically, daytime running lights should only be on while the engine is running rather than coming on when the key is in the ACC or IGN positions but mine come on when the key is in the IGN position. I only found out a couple of days ago that the proper way of doing it is to wire them up to the alternator so that they only come on when the alternator starts to charge the Battery which, of course, only happens when the engine is running.

You'll also have to buy a couple of automotive relays (about £4 or £5 each) because the DRLs must turn off when the sidelights are turned on so that no one gets dazzled by bright LEDs in the dark. If you're not sure how to wire them up I'll draw out a circuit diagram for you if you like, but that'll be tomorrow because I've got a very early start in the morning so off to bed now :smile:

Oh, and they just flash as normal when you put the hazards on, just as ordinary bulbs would.

Hope that helps,

John

13 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Taking your last question first, I don't know what size/shape indicator bulbs your car uses so I don't really know. My RX300 uses a WY21W, which is a wedge base, amber, 21W bulb and in the picture below, the LEDs I needed were the ones with the T20 7440 base. Yours may be different but I'm sure it'll be one of the four available. If your manual doesn't help, just pull an existing bulb out and compare.

ledbase.jpg.cb0b6337fca95f23c79a52a06bc15f54.jpg

The only other thing to take into account is the physical size of the bulb itself:

ledsize.jpg.07534152fd090afb8137cc48ea00eef5.jpg

Technically, daytime running lights should only be on while the engine is running rather than coming on when the key is in the ACC or IGN positions but mine come on when the key is in the IGN position. I only found out a couple of days ago that the proper way of doing it is to wire them up to the alternator so that they only come on when the alternator starts to charge the battery which, of course, only happens when the engine is running.

You'll also have to buy a couple of automotive relays (about £4 or £5 each) because the DRLs must turn off when the sidelights are turned on so that no one gets dazzled by bright LEDs in the dark. If you're not sure how to wire them up I'll draw out a circuit diagram for you if you like, but that'll be tomorrow because I've got a very early start in the morning so off to bed now :smile:

Oh, and they just flash as normal when you put the hazards on, just as ordinary bulbs would.

Hope that helps,

John

Many thanks for prompt reply  John. Let me find out first what bulb my car takes, as in size, type etc and then prob i'll request you to make me diagram.

Cheers John 

• Like 1