Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A couple of weeks ago I managed to damage the rear bumper of my car with the metal dropbolt mounting of my driveway gates which put 2 small puncture holes into the middle of the bumper. No scuffs but 2 very neat and annoying marks. Being pearlescent white  I was dreading the cost of repairs and the quality of finish.  My local Chipsaway Franchise in Gloucester seemed to have some good reports so I paid Stuart the owner a visit. He said that the pearlescent would require more painting of the bumper than usual to get a good match and blend in and quoted a price of £192 inclusive. The car went in on Monday at 8am and I collected it at 4.30pm. 

I am over the moon with the result. Even shining a bright light on the paint to get the flakes to pop doesn't reveal the signs of any repairs.  You would never know that the paint isn't factory finish. I would definitely recommend him for minor paint correction. 

Great news and good to hear that there are skilled folks around able to carry off complex work.

Personal recommendations are often key these days, so thanks for sharing.

I too am awaiting repair of damage done to my front bumper Possibly done at hospital car park mine is Black Opal Mica  i have taken it to a body shop that is highjly reccomended and got a quote of 400 as he said he will have to take off the bumper i sais " can you can you match it perfectly " and he replied yes, I hope so as i have heard they are difficult to match but i will have to get it done as every time i see it  it makes me angry that people do these acts of damage and dont even care

Robert

Work Ive had done in the past has been excellent. I made a real mess scrathing\gouging the rear corner of my Winsor Blue IS250. When they finished fixing it was flawless

Great to hear James the Body shop as got good reviews that i have had the quote from and has told me not to worry it will match perfectly he said

but its same sort of paint that les has,  in normal daylight it looks black but in sunshine it as a blue look the body shop said it was pearl but i thought that was only on light colours mine is Black Opal Mica but does give a similar effect

Robert

Got the Car back from the body shop and they have done a remarkable job of the paintwork cant see any mismatch its just like new I am well pleased with the work

• Like 2