Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maximum range on a tank IS250

I drove from Inverness to Birmingham this week - 450 miles covered on a single tank in my IS250.

impressed with the car, achieved around 38mpg average.

What range are you guys getting out of a full tank?

I mostly get around 300-340miles, the most I have ever got from the tank was 510... ran well into reserve and was literally holding my fingers crossed no to run out (as I would have been stuck in middle of nowhere in Poland)... When refilling I poured 63L which meant I stall had ~1.5L in reserve. Theoretically it is possible to get like ~550 miles  @50MPH.

2007 IS250 with 58K when I bought it in March is now on 67K.

I had the average indicated since I bought the car up to 40.5 and the average tank as high as 42.1mpg - However the car's computer is optimistic:

All fuel logged on "Mycars" App and brim to brim calculations - Best =39.386mpg and 512 miles on one tankful which used 58.4 litres so still had a gallon left!

Worst was 304 miles - 25.45mpg with all local running 

Will be making a trip up to Yorkshire from South Wales in a few weeks time so hoping to take a tankful over a genuine 40 mpg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had two IS250s, a saloon and convertible.  My normal use was mostly short journeys with a 5 mile commute to work and would get between 27 and 29 mpg.  On a long run I'd achieve 35 to 38 mpg.

I have to say, if fuel consumption is a major concern to you, you shouldn't be driving a 2.5l V6 automatic !!

Who said it was a concern, just an interest, hence the point of forums and sharing experiences and information.

2 hours ago, steveledzep said:

I've had two IS250s, a saloon and convertible.  My normal use was mostly short journeys with a 5 mile commute to work and would get between 27 and 29 mpg.  On a long run I'd achieve 35 to 38 mpg.

I have to say, if fuel consumption is a major concern to you, you shouldn't be driving a 2.5l V6 automatic !!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ben1001 said:

Who said it was a concern, just an interest, hence the point of forums and sharing experiences and information.

I've shared my experiences and information.   Happy motoring :smile:.

Hi all.

New to the is250 only had it 5 weeks so still getting used to it.:yes:

I used to get 23-25 mpg out off my last to petrol Jaguars so to get 30mpg from the Lexus is250 auto is absolutely brilliant well pleased as my journey is 10miles each way with some dual carriage way and ordinary road just a couple off stop starts.:yes:

65mike

Different motor I know but I've still yet to have a proper tank emptying trip in my 2JZ IS. Consequently I'm doing just short of 250 miles on a full tank, mainly town driving. Not bad for an old 3ltr I think and not that far behind the F11 330d I had a couple of years ago. Obviously on a run the 330d would destroy it but I'd still take petrol over derv every day of the week.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links