Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

EssexGonzo

Hello,

My wife picked up her lovely NX 300h Premier in metallic black (Graphite?) yesterday afternoon from Lexus Woodford. MY17 but then the financial and extras incentives from the excellent dealer team was difficult to ignore. And the 17/18 differences are few and irrelevant to a couple of middle-aged party goers! :wink3:

Couldn't be more pleased after about 100 miles in it so far, at 44mpg including a shed load of traffic coming home in the rush hour from Woodford. Loving so far:

• It looks the dog's danglies.
  • The MPG. Was expecting late 30s but there's time to destroy that yet.
  • The gadgets. Especially the 360 camera. The alloys might survive a certain person's "touch parking" strategy.
  • The stereo. Oh my giddy aunt, what a sound. The best bit thus far.
  • The serenity. Smooth and easy to drive. It really encourages a more laid back approach. 
  • It's not a diesel. And that's from a family whose every car since 1994 has been a diesel. 
  • It's not German or a JLR product. Which makes it different and "not one of the sheep" in image-conscious Shenfield. 
  • The headlights. They turn night into day, even compared to the Xenon lights on an Audi.

We haven't even begun to explore the gadgets yet so will definitely be back with some questions for you Lexus geniuses very soon!

Cheers

Simon

Hi and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars inside and out so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike.

Hi and welcome!

Congratulations with purchase.

Please do not hesitate to post some pictures and give us a bit more detailed information, based on feedback about audio system most likely you have MS audio there.

• 3 years later...
On 11/18/2017 at 1:08 PM, EssexGonzo said:

Hello,

My wife picked up her lovely NX 300h Premier in metallic black (Graphite?) yesterday afternoon from Lexus Woodford. MY17 but then the financial and extras incentives from the excellent dealer team was difficult to ignore. And the 17/18 differences are few and irrelevant to a couple of middle-aged party goers! :wink3:

Couldn't be more pleased after about 100 miles in it so far, at 44mpg including a shed load of traffic coming home in the rush hour from Woodford. Loving so far:

• It looks the dog's danglies.
  • The MPG. Was expecting late 30s but there's time to destroy that yet.
  • The gadgets. Especially the 360 camera. The alloys might survive a certain person's "touch parking" strategy.
  • The stereo. Oh my giddy aunt, what a sound. The best bit thus far.
  • The serenity. Smooth and easy to drive. It really encourages a more laid back approach. 
  • It's not a diesel. And that's from a family whose every car since 1994 has been a diesel. 
  • It's not German or a JLR product. Which makes it different and "not one of the sheep" in image-conscious Shenfield. 
  • The headlights. They turn night into day, even compared to the xenon lights on an Audi.

We haven't even begun to explore the gadgets yet so will definitely be back with some questions for you Lexus geniuses very soon!

Cheers

Simon

Well, 3 years on from this post.....

The car’s had it’s MOT, had covered about 37k miles and has been absolutely faultless in operation. The only thing that has needed attention was the very beginning of corrosion near the centre caps of all 4 alloy wheels. I can only assume that a screwdriver had been used (at the dealer - the only place the wheels have come off) to prize off the caps. They were replaced at 35 months without question.

Apart from that, we really do think we made an excellent choice 3 years ago. I go a new VW Golf recently - the quality feels poor compared to the three year old Lexus. There’s “something” that feels well engineered and solid about the Lexus. A great start to what will probably be a very long relationship. 

• Like 3