Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC facelift heading our way?

I went to Lexus Liverpool last Sunday 4-Feb and checked out the new version of the RC, and of course the exterior is unchanged but the 10 inch screen and infotainment system is far better, sharper and quicker to respond to inputs.

They're supposed to have enhanced the ML audio too but I couldn't tell the difference, and in fact the B&O in my 2013 A5 is better, more punchy, more defined bass, mind you it has 2 amplifiers even though it's only 505 watts. Seems odd to me that we're 5 years on and the ML isn't as good.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose but I will miss the Audi - fast, smooth, great to drive but it's time to change and I think hybrid is the way to go.

Cheers

Andy

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

It may be illegal to do so like deleting DPF or cats. 

Another and possibly worse aspect is the noise deadening effect.

Yes its only a matter of time before it gets put into the MOT once these things become more popular

I dont know whether there will be much difference to the noise.

Turbocharging will help to a degree - the question is whether they will use a tuned version of the 3.5l Twin Turbo V6 used in the LS500 or a smaller displacement turbo V8

turbo turbo turbo.

what we see is the last ( final?) development of the natural aspirated V8 engine.

toyota/lexus is one of the more conservative brands to go this route but it seems inevatable.