Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Max speed on battery only power

I'e been told by the dealer and read online and hard print that the max speed possible on Battery alone is 40mpg. The sales guy who sold me my current car 'bragged' he managed 44mph.

Well just today on the M621 I looked down on my display in disbelief I was travelling at 50mph with no engine revs and the orange arrow telling me I'm on Battery power. This lasted 1/4 mile before the engine kicked in.

So I thought I'd ask what' the fastest you'e gone on Battery alone?

Did the EV light come on? I think it won't shut off the engine above 50 to 55 mph. I've seen it around that figure coming off a motorway, slowing onto a slip road.

Once it is up to speed the vehicle will run on batteries only at around 50 mph, it just won't accelerate up to that speed without ICE assistance.

The latest generation of Toyota's hybrid system will shut off the engine all the way up to 70 mph if you lift off/coast. 

Mark. It must be different on the 200h because on my is300h the blue arrows indicate charging.

Martin. I wasn't coasting. The EV light was on and engine not running and Battery drive to the wheels. 

Well put Colin.

This experience of mine has only happened once and it amazed me hence me posting it and intrigued if anyone else has had similar experience. 

If accelerating it can go up to 30mph but its a royal pain to do that - so slow!

As Colin said though, if accelerating over that speed the engine will come on and then once up to speed, it would go to EV at around 50mph.

I believe the 4RX, LC and new LS can go up to 70+mph.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links