Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sport or Premier Model RX450h 2012-2015

Have a IS300 for a few years now, So looking to purchase a RX450h 2012-2015 .

So  Sports or Premier Model?.

Question is about the air suspension, worth the extra money over the sports model?  Pros and cons

I know there are  few other extras on Premier model.

Took a test drive in a Premier Model from a main dealer. All good stuff, except the price.

Looking to spend max 20k

Cheers

JP

13 minutes ago, pikeycockney said:

Have a IS300 for a few years now, So looking to purchase a RX450h 2012-2015 .

So  Sports or Premier Model?.

Question is about the air suspension, worth the extra money over the sports model?  Pros and cons

I know there are  few other extras on Premier model.

Took a test drive in a Premier Model from a main dealer. All good stuff, except the price.

Looking to spend max 20k

Cheers

JP

They both have different characteristics

The F-Sport has harder suspension but goes around corners better  - doesn't lean as much. The Premier leans a lot more but doesn't have as harsh a ride.

You'll struggle to get a Premier or an F-Sport for 20k unless they have 75k+ miles on them

On 19/11/2017 at 7:17 PM, pikeycockney said:

Thanks for the reply, how reliable is the air suspension on the premier model. Any know faults and probably expensive to fix?

Yeap not too bother about the mileage as long as its got main dealer FSH   

No reports of failures of the air suspension on 3RX that I know if but it's certainly not deemed to be more reliable than conventional springs. Obviously a skewed statistic if so as there's not many premiers compared to every other trim level

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, iwonder said:

Air suspension is more reliable that the standard shock/spring set up but more costly.

Really? - I have always been told that the air suspension is less, rather than more reliable than the conventional one, although it is far better on the RX450h that it ever was on the RX300/350 (it was not available on the RX400h).

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Really? - I have always been told that the air suspension is less, rather than more reliable than the conventional one, although it is far better on the RX450h that it ever was on the RX300/350 (it was not available on the RX400h).

Air suspension known fault is a knocking noise from front but other than that, its a reliable setup in my experience and I see a lot of them. I personally prefer the shock/spring setup but the shocks do leak.  As @rayaans mentioned, there are a lot of conventional setups on the road so may be skewed but I can only speak from my experience and tech I know and meet.

59 minutes ago, iwonder said:

Air suspension known fault is a knocking noise from front but other than that, its a reliable setup in my experience and I see a lot of them. I personally prefer the shock/spring setup but the shocks do leak.  As @rayaans mentioned, there are a lot of conventional setups on the road so may be skewed but I can only speak from my experience and tech I know and meet.

Is this related to the RX specifically or other brands?