Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slightly disappointed

Hi all.

As tittle says aim a little disappointed i have got the VSC light come on the dash board contacted my nearest Lexus dealer to get it looked at under warranty and yes it would be covered but will cost £150 fault diagnosis so booked in.:wacko:

Then decided to contact the dealer i brought the car from told them the VSC was on needed looking at and gave details and yes under warranty and fault diagnosis is free as it is under warranty:yes: happy days.

Now this is not the problem turns out looking back through the Gov site on mot's that were done the VSC popped up in June 2016 when if failed mot checked service history and no mention off the VSC being fixed or codes read.:sad:

Forward to August 2017 failed mot again on guess what VSC again checked service history no mention off fault codes read or being fixed so this has been going on for 17months and not been fixed as you can appreciate am not a happy bunny :wallbash:

I can only assume that first time round the codes were cleared and the previous owner was told to see how it went and if it happened go back to dealer but it did not re happen for 14 months and had only done 3000 miles so was left not fixed until mot in August when it failed due to the VSC being on so i assume owner said clear code as he did not want to spend money on the car as he was getting rid off it.

Now i have inherited the problem oh great joy :wallbash: now i would have expected the dealer would have had a record off the problem and knew about and got it sorted before the car was sold to me.

I blake the service department for this and will be taking the car back to them tomorrow as it is booked in and having a little word with the service manager asking what are they playing at and want it fixed properly and want a courtesy car which they say they have not got i don't care i want a courtesy car end off.

Also want a free health check which should be £40.00 pounds in my view least they can do and i want to see a print out off the fault codes and have them explained to me and why they are there.

I think this is a reasonable request for a car i have had for 5 weeks don't you.:wink3:

To be continued.

65mike

If the car failed mot in 2016 due to engine check light , main cause would be air bag light 02 sensors for emissions etc.

Going back to your original question, did you not do a check on the vehicle pre buying. And as of clearing the codes a dealer may not of cleared them.

I clear my own codes if they are present, but in 2 years ownership have not had any in the lexus. So the dealer may not know any thing about them.

A £30.00 code reader will tell you fault and code in most cases. But that is only if engine light is on. A more expensive machine will do air bags and the like.

Also the cheap machine will clear the codes as well, so no knowledge of them will be found. So no you have no proof the dealer knew anything of the problem { problems }

Also the car ran for 14 months with no fault, so i would assume it flagged a different fault. Most cars when engine light plays up and are cleared, until problem

is fixed reoccur within a couple of weeks. That is my experience so they may do the scan but you may have the parts to buy.

Hi all.

Madasahatter the car has not got the engine check light on it is not the problem the only light that is on is the VSC light and the dealer would have known about it as it had it's mot at the original selling dealer and serviced there all it's life never went anywhere else.

This is why i say it was known as it was obviously cleared once and had done such a tiny mileage between mot's that it did not show up until it had it's next mot it was serviced in June 2017 and was i assume not there then otherwise it should have been fixed.

It will not cost me anything as the car is under a genuine Lexus warranty so all will be fixed be assured on that score.:wink3:

65mike.

9 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.

Madasahatter the car has not got the engine check light on it is not the problem the only light that is on is the VSC light and the dealer would have known about it as it had it's mot at the original selling dealer and serviced there all it's life never went anywhere else.

This is why i say it was known as it was obviously cleared once and had done such a tiny mileage between mot's that it did not show up until it had it's next mot it was serviced in June 2017 and was i assume not there then otherwise it should have been fixed.

It will not cost me anything as the car is under a genuine Lexus warranty so all will be fixed be assured on that score.:wink3:

65mike.

Check your fuel cap is fully tightened that can cause the vsc only light.

Hi all.

Thanks madasahatter i will pop out side and do that wright now.:yes:

Alas that is fully tight.:sad:

Never mind worth ago thanks.:wink3:

Sure dealer will sort it out once and for all.:yes:

65mike

2 hours ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.

As tittle says aim a little disappointed i have got the VSC light come on the dash board contacted my nearest Lexus dealer to get it looked at under warranty and yes it would be covered but will cost £150 fault diagnosis so booked in.:wacko:

Then decided to contact the dealer i brought the car from told them the VSC was on needed looking at and gave details and yes under warranty and fault diagnosis is free as it is under warranty:yes: happy days.

Now this is not the problem turns out looking back through the Gov site on mot's that were done the VSC popped up in June 2016 when if failed mot checked service history and no mention off the VSC being fixed or codes read.:sad:

Forward to August 2017 failed mot again on guess what VSC again checked service history no mention off fault codes read or being fixed so this has been going on for 17months and not been fixed as you can appreciate am not a happy bunny :wallbash:

I can only assume that first time round the codes were cleared and the previous owner was told to see how it went and if it happened go back to dealer but it did not re happen for 14 months and had only done 3000 miles so was left not fixed until mot in August when it failed due to the VSC being on so i assume owner said clear code as he did not want to spend money on the car as he was getting rid off it.

Now i have inherited the problem oh great joy :wallbash: now i would have expected the dealer would have had a record off the problem and knew about and got it sorted before the car was sold to me.

I blake the service department for this and will be taking the car back to them tomorrow as it is booked in and having a little word with the service manager asking what are they playing at and want it fixed properly and want a courtesy car which they say they have not got i don't care i want a courtesy car end off.

Also want a free health check which should be £40.00 pounds in my view least they can do and i want to see a print out off the fault codes and have them explained to me and why they are there.

I think this is a reasonable request for a car i have had for 5 weeks don't you.:wink3:

To be continued.

65mike

Sorry to hear about your problems but I love that cool Orang.

33 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.

Thanks madasahatter i will pop out side and do that wright now.:yes:

Alas that is fully tight.:sad:

Never mind worth ago thanks.:wink3:

Sure dealer will sort it out once and for all.:yes:

65mike

Worth a try and a simple fix if it worked.

If the car hasn't had any hybrid health checks during service, it will be related to the fault being cleared. 

The diagnostic tester will give an indication of the last DTC clearance also. 

Would be interested to know the code they retrieve from it

Good luck 

On 19 November 2017 at 12:28 PM, Bluesman said:

Sorry to hear about your problems but I love that cool Orang.

Hi all.

Bluesman he is a happy looking chap and very good at DIY too hence the nails😎

Now have car back and all sorted out it was the Yaw rate sensor which had given up the ghost they also quietened down the rattle in the nav/ dvd/radio  gave it a wash😊 Seem good and attentive you don't get pushed on to another member off staff seems the one you first see is the one who continues to deal with thought the car being with them most impressed I was 😊.

Will be extending the warranty in the next few days as this sensor was very expensive🙄

They seem to keep to there word as they have kept me updated by phone all the time makes a change😀

The young lady at the service department will contact me tomorrow to find out if all is ok and iam happy.😀

65mike

• Like 1