Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is250 quick acceleration

19 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I think it is much more likely that IS-F will feature in future classics magazine rather than "shed of the week", though it is even worse for IS200t as it won't future in either - you see to at least feature in "shed of the week" car must be good value for money, which IS200t isn't and never going to be.

No one mentioned the IS F...wrong forum unless I'm mistaken :biggrin:

Lets get this right Linas...you have a £2500 motor and are slagging off a £34K bit of of modern Lexus Tech  that you'll never own or at least wont until it comes down to the price of a fag packet. Fair play mate , your'e good value. 

36 minutes ago, peachy said:

@Linas.P it's not worth responding to his posts. Anybody can see he's just out to cause trouble. 

I had an intimidating personal message from this guy.

Yes. After you had basically told me to bugger off on several occasions I reminded you of the ignore function.:wink3:...the muppet part is open to discussion.

31 minutes ago, doog442 said:

No one mentioned the IS F...wrong forum unless I'm mistaken :biggrin:

Lets get this right Linas...you have a £2500 motor and are slagging off a £20K bit of of modern Lexus Tech  that you'll never own or at least wont until it comes down to the price of a fag packet. Fair play mate , your'e good value. 

It seems you have, as you said @Rebecca's car will soon future in the shed of the week and as she own IS-F that seems the only reasonable conclusion I could have made. Re: IS250... yes it might be shed of the week car soon, that is because it is unbelievably good value for money... my comment re: IS200t still applies it is not even "shed of the week" worth... and finally as it happens the tiny plot of the land my IS250 is parked on costs more than both IS-F and IS200t, as the car I own doesn't represent my financial situation, but rather lack of suitable upgrade from the brand I like.

@doog442 - several expressions of yours as well are open to discussion so I suggest you not to stretch you luck... 

• Like 1

Since when did value = quality?

A work colleague bought a £25k new BMW last year and after 6 months of going back and forth to the dealers, BMW agreed to take the car back because they couldn't figure out how to fix the problem.

If the IS250 does appear in 'shed of the week' then it is good luck for potential owners who can now pick up a great car for a bargain price.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Are you just arguing for the sake of argument?

What I said is that Lexus does cover whole range, just not in UK - the list in US is sufficient in my opinion. Yes Lexus does not offer diesels, but with current trend that is not an issue - 300h more than covers the needs of average diesel driver. Obviously, hybrid is not as good on motorways especially in EU where in most countries permitted speed is 90MPH+, but it more then covers UK with outdated 70MPH limit... What 300h loses on motorway it more then covers in the city... so whole German diesel range is covered by one car... if it would be PHEV obviously additional tax benefits etc. would be even more attractive. Now in US Lexus still have Turbo/200t which is ok for entry model kind of equivalent to BMW 318 and 320, I don't even understand what is the purpose of this minute distinction in BMW range, then they had IS250 which again pretty much covered BMW 325, 328 including "xi" as Lexus offers "awd", then there is rather bland IS300, which sits in between BMW328 and 330 and finally IS350 which is covering between BMW330 and 340. For me that is pretty much whole range covered anything I am missing?

I cannot agree with second part either. IS200 and 300 were nice cars, but rather outdated in the design (engines pretty much from 80's). The cars were directly replaced by IS250 and IS350, which both were brilliant updates in any measurable way. For example IS250 was both more economical and much more powerful than IS200, much better equipped standard e.g. 13 speaker sound system, keyless entry and V6 engines were much more suited for luxury car. SE-L model was far beyond in any way then previous offering. Now I understand that maybe somebody with IS300 in UK found themselves locked similarly as I am now, but that is because Lexus replaced it with IS350, which they for some reason haven't introduced here. Even comparing IS300 vs IS250 the difference is no huge, I understand that IS300 is much lighter and being more powerful and easily modifiable it was potentially faster, though stock figures stands as 8.2s vs 8.1s (IS200 was 11.2s). Again times 0-60 doesn't mean much, but mk2 was a significant upgrade over mk1. Now you might say ... but what about IS220d, was it not meant to replace IS200... not it was desperate move only in EU to chip into German pie, which was not very successful and it was not replacement for IS200 either, because it was priced below sort of CT of the day. IS220d aside mk2 had completely new modern engine designed almost specifically for these cars, the equipment was much more comprehensive and what is important - almost all of it was included as standard. I am almost certain that was a move to introduce loss leader in US for the entry luxury market to push MB and BMW out (similarly as they did with LS back in 90's pushing S-Class out). They actually succeeded as well, because now Lexus is second by sales in entry luxury segment ahead of BMW in US, mk3 for them is time to relax a bit and recoup the lack of profit for mk2.

The problem is that BMW and Audi moved on after Lexus were lording the IS200....the I250 was left floundering. I trawled numerous dealerships and the answer in every one was that they couldnt get people out of the IS200 and if they did they were jumping ship...these IS250's were  stacking up on forecourts..

It basically became a niche car...a lovely car but the opposition had moved on and so did the clientele. I had one for extended periods but I'm a low mileage / private driver who buys in cash . I could never pull the trigger however despite its redeeming features of a 6 pot and Lexus quality the opposition offered so much more.  

I really dont understand you. One minute your are slagging off Lexus, performance and the lack of an IS350  /the choice you have in the UK and the next you are defending it to the hilt. Make your mind up :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

@doog442 - several expressions of yours as well open to discussion so I suggest you not to stretch you luck... 

Wow ......Am I going to get a visit from this bloke 

Sale numbers says otherwise. The most mk1 IS Lexus ever sold were ~30k a year and that is including Toyota Altezza, in 2005 they sold only ~10k worldwide.

When they released IS mk2 it was almost instant success selling 54k in first year in US alone (that is 5 fold) and over 100k worldwide (10 fold).... so you argument of trouble getting people out of mk1 are unfounded..

Note, mk3 is not that successful as mk2... mk2 still sold 35k on the last year of production (2012, still 3 fold then mk1) and mk3 sold only 51k in 2013, short of 54k mk2 sold in the first year - which for me represent the situation you described about mk1>mk2 people were unwilling to replace aging mk2 as mk3 was not that much of and upgrade. Furthermore, mk3 sales tapered off quite quickly and it only sold 37k in 2016 (almost the same as mk2 in the last yer of production). 

Finally, I am not defending Lexus. I always criticising choice in UK, lack of RC450h, lack of RC350, lack of RC300h PHEV, but what I do recognise is that Lexus has much more comprehensive line, they just chosen not to introduce it in UK. As well IS300h is fine as replacement for diesel, it is just that I am not in the market to replace diesel, but rather brilliant petrol V6.

We are talking UK figures Linas my old mate....you and @Rebeccacant keep shifting the goal posts to suit your argument....

The US has nothing to do with it otherwise I would have reminded Rebecca and indeed yourself what a success the IS200t is over the pond, - get it :winkiss:

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, peachy said:

@Linas.P it's not worth responding to his posts. Anybody can see he's just out to cause trouble. 

I had an intimidating personal message from this guy.

Totally agree @peachy

Final post I make on this thread but @doog442 your IS200t is far superior and faster than the 250.

Happy now? 😀

• Like 2

Where did you say we only talking UK figures? Not to mention they are impossible to come by unless you obviously "trawled numerous dealerships" - you see Lexus does not provide much breakdown on their sales or profit figures so we can continue to speculate forever here, as such I am afraid we have to go by worldwide figures.

IS200t might be sort of "success" in US, because petrol is cheaper there than bottled water, not so much in UK. Therefore we have IS300h here and they don't over the pond. The problem that they have IS350 defending the mid-field there (if we now talking football terminology), where we have exactly nothing here and it is obvious problem... at least for me.

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Where did you say we only talking UK figures? Not to mention they are impossible to come by unless you obviously "trawled numerous dealerships" - you see Lexus does not provide much breakdown on their sales or profit figures so we can continue to speculate forever here, as such I am afraid we have to go by worldwide figures.

You can see the figures of how many cars / make model are registered / taxed each year in the UK....google is your friend.

Happy to help.

11 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Totally agree @peachy

Final post I make on this thread but @doog442 your IS200t is far superior and faster than the 250.

Happy now? 😀

Its just faster and more economical- not superior, never said it was. Lexus move on, that's how it is.. Many will question the direction, I'm sure you me and Linus would love to be knocking around in an IS350...

3 minutes ago, doog442 said:

You can see the figures of how many cars / make model are registered / taxed each year in the UK....google is your friend.

Happy to help.

Its just faster and more economical- not superior, never said it was. Lexus move on, that's how it is.. Many will question the direction, I'm sure you me and Linus would love to be knocking around in an IS350...

Agree on that one. If the IS350 was available in the UK I would be the first to buy one.

Awesome car and very disappointed Lexus never introduced it here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

RC350 for me... and on that bombshell.... 

13 minutes ago, peachy said:

Agree on that one. If the IS350 was available in the UK I would be the first to buy one.

Awesome car and very disappointed Lexus never introduced it here.

Likewise

On this note, I'll leave the thread.. we appear to be stuck between a rock and a hard place as clearly we all want the same thing...

Back to the IS200t forum:sad:

Image result for tumbleweed gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...