Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

White smoke alarm...fuel additive..

On buying a used 220d with previous dpf issues I knew I may be challenged at some point and last week I was..On reversing onto my drive the car emitted a huge (massive) white smelly cloud which literally filled the street. I just parked switched off and left it,,following day the car seemed fine until about 20mins into a drive the smoke re-appeared,there were no engine lights etc no running problems etc but given the cloud and the fact my average journey is less than 5 miles I give it a little grief down the motoway not a massive trip about 8 miles but left in 4th gear the entire time..since buying the car I have done my own servicing using Mobil 1 oil plus quality air/oil filters etc I will say lazily i didnt clean my egr (I scheduled for Feb 17) to my regret having limped home last month because of it!!

So before all of this unfolded I was averaging 36mpg...not brill but not bad so whipped of the egr and thoroughly cleaned (tbf not that bad given its recent clean) again changed the oil/air filter but (on advice) added to 40ltrs of fuel Archoil ar6400d max pro...now i am a sceptic but have to say what a huge difference in less than 160miles//tickover is perfect,,acceleration is much smoother.turbo seems more positive overall it seems to have revatilsed everything it says it should and as said as a sceptic I have to admit defeat given that my mpg has jumped into the 40's,smoke has vanished,,coolant is still pink,oil is spot on...so in short for me it worked..if your 220d is feeling a bit lazy I urge you to try it I for sure will certainly use it again..Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links