Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash cam advice rx300

Hello I am thinking about fitting a dash cam in my 2004 rx300, I have had one in my last car but I wondered if anyone has fitted one that can be powered via the rear view mirror? As it’s auto dimming. I have seen dash cams that are a mirror themselves. And if not does anyone have a dash cam that isn’t too expensive to recommend. I don’t want a huge camera on my windscreen lol. 

I used the provided cigar lighter power supply, modded to connect to the rear view mirror wiring...

My dashcam is a mini0801 c/w gps bases - one for my car, one for my motorhome. Move the camera as required. Futs very neatly between mirror and screen.

Edited by WSandME
Added dashcam info

Silent Witness SW010.  I have these in both my cars for years front and rear (hard wired), fit and forget.  They are a UK company and you pay a little more...failing that, buy them direct from China, they are cheaper, but you will have to pay import charges and take your chances!!

If you are unfortunate to need to use footage and supply to the police, you can upload it to them and they will see that it gets to the correct police authority. 

http://www.silentwitness.co.uk/dash-cameras/SW010, Silent Witness

I currently have a Nextbase 402G but I don't think it'll last much longer as I accidentally sat on it. It still records ok (for now) but the screen is damaged, making playback impossible unless it's connected to a TV or computer.

A strong contender for when I replace it in the not too distant future is the Viofo A119S

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links