Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Back Box Drooping

Hi All,

Looks like my back boxes are drooping, without looking (its pouring rain) does anyone hav an ideas if its just the rubber hangers that might be the culprit? Both sides are dooping.

Thanks,

John

IMG_6400.jpg

May or may not help but I recently had a squeaking/creaking back box, turned out it was an exhaust mount/bracket which had detached (rusted I guess) itself from the box, £135 fixed at Lexus as the bracket was only available through Lexus, apparently. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Had this issue on my exhaust so done some welding and sorted it, no cost and a local independent could do it for a hour's labour

Sounds like a good deal, but I bet you didn't get a Lexus coffee and a 2 pack of custard creams 😉 

13 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Sounds like a good deal, but I bet you didn't get a Lexus coffee and a 2 pack of custard creams 😉 

I certainly did not, however I also didn't get a salesman claiming he would phone me back about an RCF then not bothering!!!

I'm not annoyed about it at all, dont feel like I need to rant about LEXUS EDINBURGH!!!!! not phoning me back at all. Not that I'm annoyed, just in case you were wondering.

What does Lexus coffee taste like?  Is it a premium coffee that never breaks down but most people don't appreciate it non the less.

P.s.  I'm not annoyed at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I certainly did not, however I also didn't get a salesman claiming he would phone me back about an RCF then not bothering!!!

I'm not annoyed about it at all, dont feel like I need to rant about LEXUS EDINBURGH!!!!! not phoning me back at all. Not that I'm annoyed, just in case you were wondering.

What does Lexus coffee taste like?  Is it a premium coffee that never breaks down but most people don't appreciate it non the less.

Well done you for not letting it wind you up 😂 😂. Their coffee isn't all that, I gave it two fingers... 

_20171121_220343.thumb.JPG.9b8fb384a16a57921bee2802b6a25846.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

@Jgtcracer Dear Lexus Edinburgh 

6C39707E-A258-4EE4-878A-E2E28648509F.thumb.jpeg.3a036affd2819023195903fa191c0366.jpeg

Hi,

Would need to have a closer look to see if it’s the hangers or something else really.

I always recommend swapping out exhaust hangers for urethane versions, the OEM rubber type tend to degrade and get brittle, kind of expected given where they live and the harsh roads etc.

Best of luck! :thumbup1:

Cheers.

Pete

Hi, I had this issue, and when on closer inspection both back boxes had rusted right through (1 completely). 5 minutes later we removed them in their rusty entirety - sounded delightful with intermittent backfires, etc. Lexus prices to replace were (as you can imagine) 'well priced' so we opted for the Borla full cat-back system from RR Racing which does away with the pesky back boxes.

Only time I've been thankful for bad rust lol :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@G10RRE Nice view out the back of your gaff there John, only spoilt by that piece of rusty exhaust bracketing, what our weather dies to our pride and joys, but welding will have that sorted and maybe an aftermarket system fitted in place if the OEM to put a smile back on your face 👍

Big Rat

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, etienne1201 said:

I had the same problem @G10RRE . I bought two brackets at LEXUS for 78€.

65047020170719180319.jpg

Hmm Iooking at my exhausts the prongs have rusted off the back box too, so nothing to hook onto even if I got new brackets.

Time for a custom ? 😁 maybe! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@G10RRE Nice view out the back of your gaff there John, only spoilt by that piece of rusty exhaust bracketing, what our weather dies to our pride and joys, but welding will have that sorted and maybe an aftermarket system fitted in place if the OEM to put a smile back on your face 👍

Big Rat

Been thinking a while for a custom... any good recommendations? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, G10RRE said:

Been thinking a while for a custom... any good recommendations? 

@G10RRE John it's something I'm thinking about myself at the moment and there is a fair bit of choice the usual Borla cat back type systems and of course H&S are popular. Now coincidentally I see your in Scotland and I haven't seen him on here for a while but @dr_rick on here has a valved system on his car fitted by the previous owner which looks like a work of art. It was fitted by this company in Edinburgh..........

https://en-gb.facebook.com/originfab/

Now I don't suppose it would come cheap quality never does but maybe worth looking into.

And of course @etienne1201 above has valve customised his OEM system, I've just had my back boxes replaced to give a bit more bass vocals to it but I'm still in two minds.

Big Rat 

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@etienne1201 Thanx for posting that, it does sound good, the frequently asked question on here is there much in the way of drone with the valve open at around the 80mph mark on motorways?

🐀

Not too much drone. And when i want to drive silently, in 5 sec I close the valve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, etienne1201 said:

Not too much drone. And when i want to drive silently, in 5 sec I close the valve.

@etienne1201 That's good news, do you get to see any other ISF's in France a fair few were sold there and on this spotted site they are about in numbers 👍

https://www.autogespot.com/lexus/is-f/spots/55

Big Rat