Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car locking with key inside.

A couple of weeks ago my 2010 450h which I have owned for 17 months switched the radio on itself twice. I mentioned this at it’s service but received no feedback.

Today I went into the shops leaving my wife in the car, I returned to find her sitting with the door open, it was the only way she could stop the car locking her in. She had her own key with her.

I tried to replicate by locking her in the car with my key, but the car kept saying “Key Detected” and would not lock, which is normal.

I had batteries changed in both keys by dealer a few months back.

Any ideas.

My experience of button cells like the ones used in the fob, is that even brand new ones can sometimes be flat. It is possible the one fitted in her fob has already expired.

Can yo check its voltage? If not does your wife's key open the car and allow engine to be started without your key being around?

John

I had a similar issue with the radio switching itself on/off at random. I happened a couple of times per fortnight, but the main issue is that it switch itself on at full volume. The whole audio unit was replaced under (extended) warranty. I queried the cost at the time and was told it was around £1200 for a reconditioned unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links