Hi

I'm new to the board. Recently someone took a crow bar to my '93 Lexus LS400 which was much beloved. Reprobates. Anyway I've been looking around and there's a specific look I'm trying to find. It's def not the Mk5 I think as it has the straight headlight. I think it might be DHP? Perhaps you could let me know how difficult this might be to achieve/find? Picture below. Thanks in advance.

lexus_ls400_01_eb2ca8aba3836a308cec1aa374fa1f9b34c46090.jpg

The car in the picture looks like a MK3 with DHP wheels..

^ And that is the reason I love DHP wheels

The Mk4 has a restyled front end:

78936759-0C6F-4BA8-A510-D2696C56DB45.jpeg

The car is an early ls400 - 1989 - 1992 mode therefore a mark 1/2 - the wheels are not original for this car/year and are from a mark 4 (1998) model - hope this helps

the Mk3  (  from 1995 )  doesn't have the lower fog light setting

Malc

two very beautiful cars ............  :winkiss:

Malc

What I like about my Mk2 (1993) is the crease in the styling and the low Fog lamps which can be turned on with just the sidelights. 

I had a Supra Mk 3 which had similar and around that time (or maybe somewhat earlier) it was  cool to look a bit like Nightrider !

Bit old for "cool" posturing now, but they are there if I want.

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated. I think on balance I'd say the 1995 swings it for me, if the article is accurate.

But seriously, most importantly...

Why can't I find a black one??? :)

I did find a Blue one though. 

1997. 97,000 on the clock. 3 owners, couple of 'car park dings'. Was in an accident and had the bonnet, bumper and headlight replaced. Don't know if it's DHP. Can anyone tell me the right questions to ask?

Thanks in advance...

23843071_1674659909232727_5799843558607801971_n.jpg

23754711_1674660122566039_303875976512048560_n.jpg

23755104_1674660059232712_6797154797355877097_n.jpg

23795097_1674660162566035_1459895779684768896_n.jpg

23795561_1674659975899387_1510130505552933583_n.jpg

23795847_1674660032566048_5599698933354428439_n.jpg

23915875_1674660079232710_6462859668378510756_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Subsequent said:

Why can't I find a black one???

Not many about, but, the dark 'green' color looks black under many lighting conditions & the green shade is very dark, nice color I've had one (now black), if you see one advertised best go look & make your mind up after you've seen one (maybe you have), as has become clear not many for sale worth having these days.

I believe that the DHP (Dynamic Handling Pack)  was only available on the MKIV, the model with touchscreen Sat Nav and 1 piece headlamp/sidelight.

There is a post on here sometime ago confirming dhp wheels, maybe not suspension, were an option prior to the Mk4

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

This one has early ls430 wheels - it’s not dhp

Yes agreed, thought I had quoted an earlier post were it was thought dhp wheels we’re Mk4 only

It can prove very difficult to determine if the car is DHP spec or not, the ride height was lowered 10mm so near impossible to check just by looking at it, the road springs are also no longer available so may have been replaced in the past with standard ones.

The DHP wheels are 17" as opposed to the standard 16" ones but again these are a popular upgrade and may have been obtained and fitted by a previous owner.

If you come across one with Radar Cruise Control it will be a rebadged imported JDM Celsior as this option was only available in Japan.

Good 

hi all,one very easy check to see if your ls400 has dhp,the front grill is colour coded

2 hours ago, jimmy-g said:

hi all,one very easy check to see if your ls400 has dhp,the front grill is colour coded

Agreed, if it’s the original item.

On 11/24/2017 at 9:53 AM, cornershop said:

There is a post on here sometime ago confirming dhp wheels, maybe not suspension, were an option prior to the Mk4

Here is some info regarding DHP option.: