Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My (to be) 4 year old IS250 is due an MOT shortly, it still has 2 years Lexus warranty.

Getting the car to Lexus is a bit of a pain but I was wondering what my best option is. There's a local garage I could use.

not had a car needing an MOT for the past 11 years so any advice/experiences would be appreciated.

27 minutes ago, Farqui said:

To help prevent a garage trying it on with unecessary work/charges, does your local authority have a test center nearby?

Excellent idea 👍 there is one locally Injust checked online, problem solved. Thank you :)

• Like 1

Good-o, let us know how you get on.

I was seriously tempted to try one a few days ago but instead opted for a local garage. They have a good reputation and it worked out nicely for me.

Our local bus company, Preston Bus, does MOTs but not repairs, as does our local ambulance service garage. I don't know if Police or Fire Service garages do them but given that Ambulance do, I'd say it's worth a call to find out.

Got mine done last week at a local garage (within walking distance of home) - I've used them for several years for several vehicles - £35. (The max price these days is £54.95 - lots of places discount that, but you do need to be aware of those who attempt to con you with unnecessary advisories - no advisories on my certificate)