Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust options

@Flytvr Budget ?

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/collections/lexus/products/rc-f-inc-rc-f-carbon?variant=5868536257

Non valved version Lexus used these on the RCF at Goodwood, as well as the valved not cheap but if the car is keeper got to be worth exploring 😂

🐀

I was agreeing with the money no object angle. I too would also consider back boxes for same reason as you dav. Just a bit more noise - not looking for power. Although desperately want to avoid any unpleasant drone.

I would trust miltek to do a good job but suspect you'd have to go there for a special job as nothing listed.

Also for me I want to keep a fairly stock appearance.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

This video shows how it's done but there are no subtitles for commentary.

Does sound much better. Need to hear it cruising in the cabin really.

Probably just for noise. Like tuning a wind instrument. Best to speak to a pipe builder or car Engine tuner.

However the pressure is what you hear, sound is just pressure converted to electrical signals in your head. So there must be an effect on pressure if the sound has changed. I have no idea if it has any negative effect on this engine though.

Warranty? Cynic in me says any reason not to pay is a reason not to pay.

@Comedian @Flytvr Which if you have the pennies is why I suggested the Quicksilver route I fully accept that, depending which of the two routes one went with their systems have been presumably accepted by Lexus as on my RCF list two cars have been sold through the dealerships one definitely had the Quicksilver system still on it but I was unable to establish whether it was the cat back or switchable.

Yes it's a lot of money the cat back is a straight forward bolt on and off unlike the cutting and sleeving you had on the IsF, so obviously you would have to establish with Lexus warranty first pressure issues with a cat back are nothing to be concerned, as long as all the cats are in place which of course they will be.

🐀

That's my preferred option but Mr HMRC wants me to make a large donation in January. Should be enough to pay for Mr corbyn to get his garden sorted. Also still on the fence about paying for a warranty. Need to get the small print if anyone can send me a copy of theirs?

I dispite what the warranty says find it somewhat strange the mixed messages from Lexus warranty and the dealers, I’ve lost count the number of ISF & RCF I’ve seen sold from main dealers with non standard systems.

Even two with the secondary cats removed, I guess it’s buyer beware unless you have something in writing.

🐀

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I dispite what the warranty says find it somewhat strange the mixed messages from Lexus warranty and the dealers, I’ve lost count the number of ISF & RCF I’ve seen sold from main dealers with non standard systems.

Even two with the secondary cats removed, I guess it’s buyer beware unless you have something in writing.

🐀

I've also seen this. I've also had main dealers tell me that the warranty wouldn't be invalidated as a result of exhaust work. I appreciate that without something in writing it means nothing.

On the IS-F, it was worth the risk, on the RC-F........ not so confident.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flytvr said:

I've also seen this. I've also had main dealers tell me that the warranty wouldn't be invalidated as a result of exhaust work. I appreciate that without something in writing it means nothing.

On the IS-F, it was worth the risk, on the RC-F........ not so confident.

@Flytvr Yes getting something like this in writing..........good luck with that one ☝️ 

🐀

On 26/11/2017 at 9:59 AM, Comedian said:

This video shows how it's done but there are no subtitles for commentary.

Does sound much better. Need to hear it cruising in the cabin really.

I've just read this entire thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f-2015-present/809394-resonator-delete-with-videos-8.html

It was looking hopeful. Then towards the end of the thread somebody posts saying the modification is not worth doing and you need to do a catback :(