Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeaky Brakes from Moving off

Has anyone else suffered from noisy or squeaking brakes from moving off after being parked up.

This is happening on mine in dry and wet conditions.

Dealer has taken brakes apart and serviced them but it is still happening.

Sometimes happens when i pull up and reverse on the drive. Similar thing with my CT200 as well.

Any ideas?

had this on just about every automatic I've ever owned. Try leaving the car in Park without the handbrake on to see if that makes a difference. That said, don't know if you can do that on an NX, I haven't tried dis-engaging the handbrake after it's been auto-applied. Just ignore it Steve. If they work ok when moving then there isn't much wrong with them. Does your car get plenty of use - higher speed cross-country runs with plenty of braking? Might be worth a good old Dagenham tune up!! As Honest John would say

A new set of good quality pads & grease the guide pins with the correct grease like Mokykote G3407. . The guide pins are the key & they often get greased with copperease which isnt a lubricant.

This cured the squeaky brakes on my GS.

Ed:winkiss:

5 hours ago, capese21 said:

A new set of good quality pads & grease the guide pins with the correct grease like Mokykote G3407. . The guide pins are the key & they often get greased with copperease which isnt a lubricant.

This cured the squeaky brakes on my GS.

Ed:winkiss:

Thanks for the feedback. I shall talk to the technician at my dealership.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Squeak or groan? because hybrid brake groan is normal. Usually fixed by doing an emergency stop

6 hours ago, paulrnx said:

had this on just about every automatic I've ever owned. Try leaving the car in Park without the handbrake on to see if that makes a difference. That said, don't know if you can do that on an NX, I haven't tried dis-engaging the handbrake after it's been auto-applied. Just ignore it Steve. If they work ok when moving then there isn't much wrong with them. Does your car get plenty of use - higher speed cross-country runs with plenty of braking? Might be worth a good old Dagenham tune up!! As Honest John would say

Thanks for the reply. Do plenty of miles and previously tried an e-stop but still NG. Not figured out how to leave parking brake off. Easy on my CT but not on the NX.

On 28/11/2017 at 8:29 PM, SHux said:

Thanks for the reply. Do plenty of miles and previously tried an e-stop but still NG. Not figured out how to leave parking brake off. Easy on my CT but not on the NX.

When you have put the vehicle into park and the handbrake has auto applied, simply apply the footbrake and press the handbrake button down, this will release the handbrake. I do this regularly as mine is parked up all week. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links