Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sensor in wheel arch

I'm getting quite a few drivers flashing me when driving at night, which I interpret as a message that they think I'm on full beam when I'm on dip. I wonder if the auto-leveling is out, or if the lights are just bright. Any others getting flashed a lot?

29 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

I'm getting quite a few drivers flashing me when driving at night, which I interpret as a message that they think I'm on full beam when I'm on dip. I wonder if the auto-leveling is out, or if the lights are just bright. Any others getting flashed a lot?

The headlamps needs adjusting

All the time. I flash them back as I assume they are just saying 'wow, your lights are amazing'.

First mot due in March so will find out.

When that's done I'll make a mark on my garage door to use as a future test.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Comedian said:

All the time. I flash them back as I assume they are just saying 'wow, your lights are amazing'.

First mot due in March so will find out.

Not being nasty about it but don't you think you should treat it (a) a bit more seriously and (b) a bit more urgently? You seem to be saying that you think it's alright to go around dazzling other people and you don't care if they have an accident while they're temporarily blinded by your bright lights? Just a couple of seconds while their eyes adjust back to normal could make all the difference to someone's life and not in a good way.

I have a service plan with Lexus Chester. Part of it is a 6 monthly health check where they report on stuff like brake and tyre wear and some other things I can't remember. Its a chance to have a nosey round their showroom as well.