Hi 

The sound system is great, but so far have not ventured into looking into modernising the formats it can play.  I wanted some input from others' experience... 

Can the DVD system play a data DVD that has been written full of songs? Does it play iTunes AAC files? Is it possible to write a DVD as an MP3 DVD? 

Are others using the DVD function as an alternative to installing a GROM type device?  Can anyone show how the GROM displays content / artists / albums on the Mark L. headunit? 

Not sure if I should hunt out my old external USB CD tray so I can write a DVD or CD, or if I should just bite the bullet and go for a GROM or similar. 

I'm with this system - photo attached 

Cheers

IMG_7850.jpg

Where is a sat nav ?? I didn't know there were version without one.

My former GS had same ML  audio, ad yes, you can record a dvd with mp3 files. Never tried with aac or flac, while dvd read also video dvd and  (if I remember well) mp4 videos, but only with car not moving.

When you say you didn’t know there was a version without satnav... do you mean a version of the GS450h or a version with the ML without the satnav?  

In the New Zealand Market we at times get the cars sooner but for the first year or two they might have different packaging or be missing a feature.  

Since making this post I saw all the great things that the car can do with this... https://gromaudio.co.uk/products/vl1-infotainment-upgrade/lexus-toyota-2006-2009-grom-vline-infotainment-system-upgrade-video-interface.html#Contents

I’d love to get that installed - but my car doesn’t have Navi. Would some features still work, or would it not function at all? 

Thanks for comments re files.  I will make some effort on the DVD front.... :S  for now at least... 

Oh and I was hoping for DVD double layer 8.5GB discs - but this page leads me to believe that won’t be possible - is that right? 

0BAA0DD4-2784-4723-9E47-0382151A927F.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SteveAvery
      My Lexus SC430 parking sensor alarm sounds intermittently while I am driving. (No, I do not tailgate the car in front.)
      It has happened several times, all but once when it was raining. On that one occasion, the sun was shining. It happened again today while it was raining, and continued to sound after the rain had stopped, but the road was still wet.
      What could be causing this to happen, and how can it be prevented, please?
      I have decided to fit an ON-OFF switch, if the problem cannot be solved conventionally.
    • By DRBLEXUS
      Hi Forum readers,
      I wonder if anyone has come across this problem before? Recently my radio stopped working even though all the visuals were working but when I pressed the sound icon in audio section it could not be adjusted. A couple of days later my battery went flat and the AA came out and checked it and I needed a new battery although the alternator charge tested fine. With the new battery fitted the radio started working again. However, since then every so often the radio loses sound again and if I disconnect and reconnect the battery it starts working. Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this and a possible remedy.
      Thanks
    • By Pepsionline
      Hi all,
      Well I have bought my first Lexus, it is a 1999 IS200 SE Auto.
      When I bought it I noticed a knocking sound coming from the engine. Now I know it has high mileage 300,0000 but it is only two owners and runs perfectly.
      Since I have had it I have done the following:
      Changed the oil with fully synthetic + 1 quart Marvelous Mystery oil, Oil filter, Spark plugs, Air filter & Cabin filter.
      Run for 500 miles and changed oil again
      Run for 1000 miles and changed oil again + 1 quart Marvelous Mystery Oil and oil filter (oil is Castrol Edge 5w 30)
      But the sound is still there so I made a video.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfiOpeQk1dg&feature=youtu.be
      I hope you can help me sort this because this noise is driving me crazy.
      Many thanks
      Paul
    • By SwedeMag
      Hi!
      I'm currently exploring a few different vehicles with the aim to buy the quietest car in terms of road noise (the noise coming from the tyres on the road).
      Based on your experience - and with a focus on road noise as well as overall noise experience inside the car - which would you say is the quietest vehicle? Lexus GS300 (around MY 2007) vs. Mercedes E Class Sedan vs. BMW 5 Series Sedan.
      I would appreciate your thoughts! Yes, I will test drive them all, but I'd still be interested in the experience of others.
      Cheers..