Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

19”s on S2 RX350

I’ve got a 2007 RX350 with 235/55R18 on 7j . I’ve got a set of 19x7.5j from a later RX.

Were 19’s an option on S2 RX? Manual and door sticker only have 17” and 18” options which was a bit of a surprise.

RX doesn’t seem fussy about sizes. Anyone know if there are officially approved 19” tyre sizes for the S2 RX? If not I’ll just stick to similar diameter (235/50) or possibly 235/55 from S3 RX.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Only 17" and 18" were options on the 2RX. The 6 spoke wheel was 17" and the 18" was 5 spoke.

There was no 19" option

However, I would imagine the 19" wheel from a 3RX to fit the 2RX. Some owners tried 245 wheels with no issues across the pond but I would keep the diameter the same if possible.

• Like 1

Thanks Rayaan. I'll trial fit the 19"s this weekend with the existing 235/55/19s that came on them to see how they fit as that's what I'd prefer to go with.

235/50/19 on 7.5j are closer to 235/55/18 on 7j in terms of diameter, circumference etc but they're a more expensive size and have less rubber for avoiding potholes. 

Edit: Having checked various wheel size websites here are the options for 19x7.5j on the RX S2 RX. 

235/50/19 USDM RX300 (Nokian WR SUV 3 £162)

245/50/19 USDM RX400h (no winter tyre available)

235/55/19 JDM RX350 (Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S £133)

The Wintrac Xtreme is my favourite winter tyre so I'll probably go with those. Obviously this information isn't from official Lexus sources but some markets do seem to have had 19" options on the S2 RX. I think EU cars are JDM too which is weird. My manual and door sticker only give 18" and 17" options.

I recognize those wheels, they look a treat, glad you had no issues. 

Ed

Pleasure doing business. The Mrs loves them and got the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S on the way.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Pleasure doing business. The Mrs loves them and got the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mice to have a wife that appreciates the change. My wife is car blind, drives me mad at times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, grantwils said:

Yeah, 3% over-read. No bad thing.

088ef0e2e5b67ce5c6dca0fcdee04234.jpg

0d858a1182af9b3a518f90078b552624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a good thing!

Will keep the other half from speeding! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Looks much better - been tempted to go for 19" rims on mine but it seems like slim pickings lately.  Are there any other Lexus models that use the same rim size, offset, etc?

Cheers,

Jay

There are some options but they have higher offset which pushes the rim closer to the strut and it's already pretty close. If you take a higher centre bore there are more options still but they also have a higher offset too. 

Someone who has actually tried it might be able to help you more than I can. 

http://www.wheelfitment.eu/PCD/5x114.3 /60.1.html

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links