Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

31 minutes ago, Jamesf1 said:

On the subject of JLR quality - just found an owners forum for the new Range Rover Velar. The faults and issues section is chock full of everything from software issues, rattles, creaks, burning smells, air cn faults, paint defects, reversing camera falling off, to air suspension failing 1 hour after pick up from new. Unbelievably bad quality for a car which starts at £45k and only came out 5 months ago!! A 70's BL car was better than this :-)

If you look at the Reliability Surveys which have been issued over the last 15 years James, you might have been much less surprised.

It is extremely unusual for any purchaser of a JLR product to be a private consumer.They are Corporate or Self Employed who can offset the cost against taxation.

The private buyer looks increasingly towards Japan and South East Asian owned organisations. The ones who give 5 or more year Warranties on their products.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

If you look at the Reliability Surveys which have been issued over the last 15 years James, you might have been much less surprised.

It is extremely unusual for any purchaser of a JLR product to be a private consumer.They are Corporate or Self Employed who can offset the cost against taxation.

The private buyer looks increasingly towards Japan and South East Asian owned organisations. The ones who give 5 or more year Warranties on their products.

wasnt suprised that JLR products are off poor quality.

I think the reality of the private buyer (outside of used) is where the best PCP deal is available

• Like 1

PCP deals, eh, been a long time since i was hanging with smokies!

Friends wife has a from new xe, and apart from hitting a dear, nothing wrong in 18mths. Not much of a sample size I admit, but here's hoping the wife's xf holds up. Still, got a 5yr warranty, so not all bad and they standing by it more than some I guess.

On 12/12/2017 at 12:45 PM, Jamesf1 said:

On the subject of JLR quality - just found an owners forum for the new Range Rover Velar. The faults and issues section is chock full of everything from software issues, rattles, creaks, burning smells, air cn faults, paint defects, reversing camera falling off, to air suspension failing 1 hour after pick up from new. Unbelievably bad quality for a car which starts at £45k and only came out 5 months ago!! A 70's BL car was better than this :-)

Talking of 70s BL cars you clearly were lucky not to have experienced my 76 mk2 Allegro, it had a cylinder head gasket at 750 miles. The paint fell off half the car. The front seats needed reupholstrring as the seams came undone. Oh the throttle damper was a perpetual issue. This was just the first 6 months of ownership. The following 2 years were worse.... 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

Talking of 70s BL cars you clearly were lucky not to have experienced my 76 mk2 Allegro, it had a cylinder head gasket at 750 miles. The paint fell off half the car. The front seats needed reupholstrring as the seams came undone. Oh the throttle damper was a perpetual issue. This was just the first 6 months of ownership. The following 2 years were worse.... 

Sounds just like my previous IS220d 😅

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links