Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any replacement monitors will require registering in the cars ECU. You can fit new batteries in your old units at a fraction of the cost of replacement, and then there is no need for registering them.

John.

Thanks for the reply John

The issue that im having is that 1 sensor seems a bit "slow". it takes an age to finish its checks and today to wouldnt recognise at all, it kept saying "checking"

I decided to let some air out and then re-inflate, I got it to register upto 1.9 bar, but it wouldnt go higher, even though there was 2.5 bar in the tyre.

I guess if i can fit new batteries then ill go down that route :)

2 hours ago, Dale_V said:

Thanks for the reply John

The issue that im having is that 1 sensor seems a bit "slow". it takes an age to finish its checks and today to wouldnt recognise at all, it kept saying "checking"

I decided to let some air out and then re-inflate, I got it to register upto 1.9 bar, but it wouldnt go higher, even though there was 2.5 bar in the tyre.

I guess if i can fit new batteries then ill go down that route :)

See my earlier post linked below.

John

• Thanks 1

excellent, ive just ordered a few batteries, also ordered techstream

Now to go have the tyre removed, I wish I had a tyre machine.. tyre changing is one thing in life I actually hate.... that and going for a hair cut.... euuuuggggh :(

53 minutes ago, Dale_V said:

excellent, ive just ordered a few batteries, also ordered techstream

Now to go have the tyre removed, I wish I had a tyre machine.. tyre changing is one thing in life I actually hate.... that and going for a hair cut.... euuuuggggh :(

You do not need to remove the tyres from the rims. just breaking the tyre bead off the rim on the outside will give enough room to remove the tyre valve. This also means you do not need a rebalance.

If you wish to use the car while you change the batteries you can fit standard rubber valves in place of the monitor valves to enable the tyres to be reinflated.

John.

I have a 20 tonne hydraulic press and was actually thinking about breaking the bead. I'e done it before but with higher profile tyres. I guess if I'm careful I should be ok!