Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Winter wheels/tyres

geordiepaul2011

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting some winter tyres fitted to my CT200H but I want to keep the cost down if possible as I am already due an MOT and service this month.

I've noticed a set of steel rims and tyres on eBay which will keep the cost down as I won't have to pay a fitter twice a year to swap my tyres - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/steel-wheel-LEXUS-CT-A10-a-195-65-R15-91H-Viking-winter/272795768055?hash=item3f83e514f7:g:nBAAAOSwEatZgDsq

Can anyone see any problems with using these smaller tyres rather than my current 215/45/R17s?

Paul

The old trick used by rally crews was to use more narrow tyres in slippery conditions in order to get the tyres to "dig in" a bit but  Colin is dead right.... the insurers might want their pound of flesh for deviation from the norm. However, fitting 205/55x16 tyres isnt deviating from the norm. My 2011 had 16" wheels from the day it rolled out of the show room.

The old trick used by rally crews was to use more narrow tyres in slippery conditions in order to get the tyres to "dig in" a bit but  Colin is dead right.... the insurers might want their pound of flesh for deviation from the norm. However, fitting 205/55x16 tyres isnt deviating from the norm. My 2011 had 16" wheels from the day it rolled out of the show room.
Wife asked her insurance. No cost just let them know which ones are fitted when. Direct line.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The eBay link is for 15s - will they fit over the calipers?

I bought some spare 17" rims and fitted Nokian A3 tyres a couple of weeks a go. We're away today and it's raining where we are but there is heavy snow at home. It'll be interesting to see how the car drives on them in snow. They have been excellent in the freezing temperatures so far.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links