Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

oh crap !

jimmythehat

hi... on my 4th lexus now. a 600hl. just bought it .

picked it up and went to start. rough as hell then check hybrid system lights all on dash. was only serviced 1000miles ago . 2008 car with 110k. any ideas . ? 

take it back ..  ..............  get your money back .............  without a Full Lexus service history ( that's genuine ) and a new MOT I fear for the worse .....  good luck

:unsure:

Malc

bought from auction ...  no return. im hoping its run out of fuel.. this shuts down car/ hybrid system for protection.  i have a trailer today so i will collect it and see whats going on. the car was running with no warning lights thursday but low fuel... fingers crossed just sucking air !

happy days...   all seems to be fine. it was run out of fuel at auction site. i refilled and she started ok. trailered it to dealer for check up on laptop. all codes erased and drives perfectly so far with no lights etc. there is tons of history wirh car and previous owner had full extended lexus wty cover. only thing i have noticed was chain tensioner rattle starting up one time last night ... will keep eye on that.. 😊

• Like 2

sounds like a good buy then ( fingers xd )  .....  can you tell us a little more about your Ls600 ?  piccys, price, service history or whatever maybe

Malc

yes of course.  she is 2008 600hl in windsor blue with ivory leather.  111k. full lexus history 11 stamps. previous owner had extended wty cover so was loved. he paid £15575 for the car in sept 2016. but part ex this in for a Tesla .she has the rear entertainment with dvd and reclining rear seats.  

20171206_161254.jpg

20171206_161348.jpg

• Like 2

brilliant result, well done  ..............  probably little more depreciation to come then  Full Lexus service history and only 111k miles WOW, that's a result in my book

Fortune often favours the brave ....  but sometimes not

Looks a great car  Please keep us in the loop if you get any issues playing up

Malc

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys.  my 600 is due a service in feb but has only done 2000 miles since last dealer service. seems pointless paying £300 again. 

does anyone know if they have a cheaper low miles option ? basic system checks.levels etc? 

Lovely looking motor both inside and out.

The 600hl has always been a favourite of mine. I'm seriously considering part exing my current motor if I can find one at the right price.

I once asked a Toyota dealer if they had ever had a Prius Battery go. Just one he said. A guy had run out of petrol and wanting to get to a garage drove on electric. OK as far as it goes, but the computer said the Battery is getting low so I want to stop. The guy carried on and kippered the Battery. These batteries last so long because the computer keeps the charge between about 15-85% of what the Battery can do. Go very low and the Battery structure is damaged.

I bet the cat is also not happy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links