Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

looking to move from an LS to a land cruiser!

Been quiet on here for a while as I've really not had much interaction with my beloved LS430 (pics here)

However things have changed at home, and one of the biggest was adding a couple of working cocker spaniel pups to the menagerie that is my home. So I've decided (probably totally irrationally) to part with the LS. I want something good for the family and carrying dogs around the wilder parts of this country. I've only done all of 1000 miles this year in the 430, and that included a trip to Scotland, so huge engines and associated fuel consumption is not a major part of any decision.

I know a Toyota Land Cruiser is probably way over the top but I don't want to go landy/rangey (you all know why) so looking at getting an amazon (I want something big!). Bonkers decision probably, but I work from home so will only be (off)-roading at weekends/holidays, and am addicted to Toyota/Lexus quality.

Anyone familiar with these beasts? Anyone think I'm daft? (no need to answer that).

Ha yes my wife says you can get leads or whatever and just have them sit  in the back seat. We'll see. 

I'll never quite leave Lexus. Still have the GS450h, and the land cruiser I think (certainly for newer models) are sold under the Lexus name. Will only be looking at quite old (around 2001+) models as I'm not made of money... Really don't want to let this 430 go as it's so perfect...

We use a lead that clips into the rear seat belt. Though NOT in my LS! I would be putting a blanket over the rear seat AND a waterproof cover!

LS saloons were not made to transport dogs. Having said that it put my kids to sleep!

17 hours ago, ScousePaul said:

Been quiet on here for a while as I've really not had much interaction with my beloved LS430 (pics here)

However things have changed at home, and one of the biggest was adding a couple of working cocker spaniel pups to the menagerie that is my home. So I've decided (probably totally irrationally) to part with the LS. I want something good for the family and carrying dogs around the wilder parts of this country. I've only done all of 1000 miles this year in the 430, and that included a trip to Scotland, so huge engines and associated fuel consumption is not a major part of any decision.

I know a Toyota Land Cruiser is probably way over the top but I don't want to go landy/rangey (you all know why) so looking at getting an Amazon (I want something big!). Bonkers decision probably, but I work from home so will only be (off)-roading at weekends/holidays, and am addicted to Toyota/Lexus quality.

Anyone familiar with these beasts? Anyone think I'm daft? (no need to answer that).

I get why you'd choose a Land Crusier.  Big, solid and reliable.  Never had one mind so I'm presuming there.  I did think about getting one briefly before the LS but their not cheap, as I'd want an amazon.  Just had a look at one on ebay and very like the LS inside?  Maybe in a few years when the kids are a bit bigger.  

I have always, well since about 2003, fancied an amazon Land Cruiser when we had one on our forecourt carsales ...  big, no huge, and so rugged and robust and for the Australian outback coz it would actually get you out AND back ...........  but never had the need and well, I had my Mk1 Ls400 then and Ls400 ever since too.

Enjoy ( a slight tinge of envy there )  :yes:

Malc

• Like 1

i had a landcruiser amazon a few yrs ago .the 100 series 4.2 td auto in dark green with cream leather and what an awesome thing it was .they really hold there value well too .as always a good service history .watch for rusty tailgate they are prone to that and very hard to source .i had the non air suspension model less to go wrong .