Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf - Ringtaxi spotted

I am not so sure about it... I might be wrong though, I believe that in terms of market size US obviously comes first, then Middle east, Japan, Russia, UK and only then remaining EU. Obviously, certain models might fair differently e.g. Not much hybrids are sold in US, Middle East and Russia, with the bulk coming to EU and UK.

Sorry.. forgotten China which is second overall... but little in terms of hybrids.

According to DVLA just under 200 RCF’s in Uk 164 RCF  & 24 Carbons on average since release Lexus have sold about 6 a month.

I have 887 photographs of different European RcF’s most countries are on the list between 2015-2017, this does not include Russia where there are a fair number of vehicles, I’m speculating but I believe it to be dozens as the plates are usually pixelated out, and I keep seeing the same cars.

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluethunder said:

That's my favourite colour for the RCF. Don't like those wheels though...

@Bluethunder Nean do you mean the grey? If so yes it really suits the car, the wheels from some angles look good but they don’t seem to be particularly popular.

🐀

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

So while we are talking about my new favourite car here is a picture of the rare Rcf 3rd alloy wheel option what do you think guys ?

IMG_0590.thumb.PNG.be45ae477d2c21a5a3ff2c641eaeb87b.PNG

The car is the second least opted for Rcf colour as well the least opted colour is Silver 🙄

🐀

RCF only works in two colours and grey isn’t one IMvHO

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@Bluethunder Nean do you mean the grey? If so yes it really suits the car, the wheels from some angles look good but they don’t seem to be particularly popular.

🐀

Yes, there was one in that colour for sale a few months ago. I was very tempted but I was too late..

4 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

RCF only works in two colours and grey isn’t one IMvHO

@Flytvr I like the Grey reserve judgement on the wheels, I don’t believe the Silver suits it 😳

I know I know don’t go there, if I was to nail my colours to the mast so to speak if it was a non Carbon car I’d take that Grey makes a rare car even rarer, is that a word?

Anyway if it’s a Carbon White or Orange.

🐀

6 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr I like the Grey reserve judgement on the wheels, I don’t believe the Silver suits it 😳

I know I know don’t go there, if I was to nail my colours to the mast so to speak if it was a non Carbon car I’d take that Grey makes a rare car even rarer, is that a word?

Anyway if it’s a Carbon White or Orange.

🐀

White or blue. Carbon orange would be in third place.

At the end of the day colour is so subjective.

21 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

According to DVLA just under 200 RCF’s in Uk 164 RCF  & 24 Carbons on average since release Lexus have sold about 6 a month.

I have 887 photographs of different European RcF’s most countries are on the list between 2015-2017, this does not include Russia where there are a fair number of vehicles, I’m speculating but I believe it to be dozens as the plates are usually pixelated out, and I keep seeing the same cars.

Yes but that is 887 cars in entire EU or on average ~32 per country (if pictures on the internet is by any means the right way to count), whereas there are 200 in UK alone.... I mean yes it is right to say there are more RC-F in EU, but that is because it significantly bigger market.

Anyways, my point was that Lexus brand is even more niche there then it is here in UK (except of Russia... which as well is not Europe anyway). 

7 hours ago, mike m said:

Nice to see a lexus ring taxi after the isf. 

Good video here as well.

That bloke was handy and the lap was very impressive!!  

Think I'm going to have to get one, if Lexus Edinburgh ain't going to let me buy one then I must look elsewhere.  

Perhaps I'll go south into god's country, maybe my accent is why the Scots don't like me!! 

• Like 1

@Comedian You are right they don't separate out the figures for 'F' cars, nor do they in the states Lexus Club there have been trying to establish Rcf numbers sold but Lexus simply lump all the Rc's together which is a little over 14000 since release.

🐀

just watched that vides, very impressive. They were both relaxed and enjoying themselves whilst doing the lap, obviously not too many worries about the cars' handling.

Maybe if I drove round there a couple of hundred times I might get close to a lap like that... (considers moving to germany)

• Like 1

@Jgtcracer I'm surprised at Edinburgh they've always been easy to deal with for us. Bought four cars off them now. Give John Canning in sales a shout. Ive dealt with John and Seb and both were great although Seb left in the summer.

3 hours ago, JonP said:

just watched that vides, very impressive. They were both relaxed and enjoying themselves whilst doing the lap, obviously not too many worries about the cars' handling.

Maybe if I drove round there a couple of hundred times I might get close to a lap like that... (considers moving to germany)

It was good to see the track being fairly quiet letting him open it up. Fairly tortured the tyres lol. 

6 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@mike m @Jgtcracer Ah yes ‘mature man’ ‘ wheel man’ us oldies still have some talent, Wundebar !

🐀

Who is that bloke.. Did not miss one apex, in full control like he is driving to the shops.. Must be a retired touringcar driver surely

7 hours ago, mike m said:

@Jgtcracer I'm surprised at Edinburgh they've always been easy to deal with for us. Bought four cars off them now. Give John Canning in sales a shout. Ive dealt with John and Seb and both were great although Seb left in the summer.

Maybe I'm just getting a little difficult.  A couple of times I have arranged things then they have let me down or failed to get back to me when we have agreed something.  Newcastle is a bit of a pain for me so maybe they will get another chance! Lol

I was wound up yesterday, over it now.  

It's been Alistair I have dealt with in the past

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Maybe I'm just getting a little difficult.  A couple of times I have arranged things then they have let me down or failed to get back to me when we have agreed something.  Newcastle is a bit of a pain for me so maybe they will get another chance! Lol

I was wound up yesterday, over it now.  

It's been Alistair I have dealt with in the past

Aye that would annoy me as well to be fair. Hopefully they'll be fine with you next time.

I don't mind a long drive for a car though although heading to Derby down the M6 to pick up the gs430 and back up the A1 was a long day.

5 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Who is that bloke.. Did not miss one apex, in full control like he is driving to the shops.. Must be a retired touringcar driver surely

I don't know but he's good like.

10 hours ago, J Henderson said:

A silver RC-F has been sitting on Lexus Edinburgh's forecourt for the past week or so. Just sayin'... :biggrin:

That's the car I have been offered multiple test drives in then when I have been arrived it's been unavailable.  Really not a fan of it in silver, I kind of get the silver ISF as it's a sleeper but if I was going to have a RCF it would need to be as bright and loud as possible!!

I really don't mind travelling for a car, the issue I have is I never get a minute to myself with work, 2 kids under 6 and a rather demanding wife! Lol  

I am without doubt the hardest working person on the planet!!

Marcus

Edited by Jgtcracer

17 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

@dutchie01 That’s Theo Kleen he co owns the’ ring taxi rent a ride ‘ a great driver been round the ring over 6k times never paid not once what a job !

🐀

• Like 1