mista_khan

misfire on cylinder 2 p0302 , p0300

Hi

ive had a misfire on cylinder 2 for sometime now, starts on cylinder 2, then shows up on multiple cylinders as p0300. 

I have changed the coil packs, moved them around, still comes up as cylinder 2, had spark plugs changed, had rocker cover gasket and spark plug seals changed, still no didnt stop the misfire, Ive had the codes read again today, came up as cylinder 2. 

Question is if i have changed all the above and still didnt cure the misfire, then what else could it be that needs changing?

also just to confirm which cylinder is number 2 on the lexus is200 in the uk?

thanks

one of more of the fuel injectors is probably playing up, that is the usual cause when you get misfire errors on several cylinders.

cylinders are numbered from the front of the engine to the back, number 1 is nearest the radiator.

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

cylinders are numbered from the front of the engine to the back, number 1 is nearest the radiator.

thanks for your reply Colin. I would assume the same as changing coil packs, spark plugs, rocker cover gasket and spark plug gaskets hasn't changed a thing. 

I think its better to just change the whole rail and all 6 cylinders right? would buying them brand new be important or can i pick some up from a spare parts supplier until they are fully working?