Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2010 isf 88k heater wont blow hot air

Just bought a 2010 isf, forgot to try the heater on but car run fine with no overheat issue at all,a.c. blow super cold,I check the coolant n it was really low add some super long life coolant let the car on with the blower max out still no heat,I'm out of idea😣,anyone here have any clue what it is?thanks

36 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I'll move your post to the newly formed ISF forum where responses will flow in at a rate nearly as fast as the car itself.

We are just full of hot air.  Sorry.  Couldn't resist;-)

Thanks everyone here😊after adding coolant the heater is now blowing super hot,I wonder if it have a leak somewhere does anyone here experience the same situation

Park on a dry surface and monitor every it for leaks.. ideally take of any understays it might have on.

If there is no leak i think it may have been low level of coolant or a airlock which has fixed itself.. sounds to me it was low level of coolant tbh.. air locks usually last longer until the air is passed out the system. 

Main thing is your all ok.. and btw welocme to the elite club of ISFs.

On 04/12/2017 at 2:39 PM, 88isf said:

Just bought a 2010 isf, forgot to try the heater on but car run fine with no overheat issue at all,a.c. blow super cold,I check the coolant n it was really low add some super long life coolant let the car on with the blower max out still no heat,I'm out of idea😣,anyone here have any clue what it is?thanks

Used to have a similar issue with all my old E46 BMW's that was down to the fabled 'hedgehog' resistor failing (no joke Google it!). 175quid to replace at the stealership or 15quid for a replacement from euro car parts and 25 minutes later you are back in action. Can't promise it's the same for our cars but I'd be surprised if it's not something as simple as this.

39 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Used to have a similar issue with all my old E46 BMW's that was down to the fabled 'hedgehog' resistor failing (no joke Google it!). 175quid to replace at the stealership or 15quid for a replacement from euro car parts and 25 minutes later you are back in action. Can't promise it's the same for our cars but I'd be surprised if it's not something as simple as this.

Where did all those other posts come from? Stupid Blackberry!

ignore me mate, glad you got it fixed :yes:

45 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Ah yes, the ‘other’ genius issue with the climate control on everyone’s favourite Bavarian car company’s offerings. The other being the E39 5 series - a friend had one. Allow me to explain...

The cabin temperature sensor was located in the dashboard, just ahead of the cup holders. Marvellous plan, and presumably kept the sensor on the same PCB as the rest of the climate control computer gubbins for a lower production cost.... 

...however...

If you put a hot drink in the holder, the sensor right next to it immediately warmed up and thinks “hold on a minute - it’s BAKING in here!” You could almost hear the idle of the car drop as the air con wound up to speed, or;

On a nice warm day, a chilled, bottled beverage was slotted into the cup holder. Cue the cabin sensor being affected by the cold and ramping the heater up to compensate... 

I despair! 

2 hours ago, mrfunex said:

Was the water pump ever a recall, or just something we all have to do eventually?!

Just had mine done at 55,400 miles after it went in for airbag recall and 8 year service. I don't think the water pump was ever a recall but most posts seem to say it'll go around 60K if it's gonna go.

495quid for the service and 573quid for the water pump (holy puzzle Batman!) But managed to negotiate 10% off all the parts with my Gold Members card and they stuck 25quids worth of fuel in it too (part of the recall deal apparently).

Made sure I had about 5 coffees, 2 cans of coke and an entire pack of biscuits too so I reckon I'm quids in!

Saw 2 LC's back in with the fancy pop out door handles stuck popped out! Dealer reckons they've sold 8 of the non-hybrid versions and had 4 back with the sticky handles! Oh dear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The water pump was never a recall they only weep anyway there are no recorded instances of one failing, once changed with the modified version your sorted.

Had mine done under warranty at 30k miles.

Big Rat

Stuck handles eh...That would explain what happened when I sat in a red LC500 at Chester yesterday. It looked great in red, but the black interior was nowhere near as nice as the brown. The two black LCs looked dull in comparison.

The have a white RCF with the TH15 RCF plate on it for less than £34,000. There are very few cars that suit white*, but the RCF seems to be one of them; it looked stunning

* 911 (997) GT3, Opel Ascona 400,  Integra Type R.......

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links