Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2008 GS 450h "Best Past Fuel Consumption"

I reset everything when I collected my 450h, but after two tankfuls,  the "Best Past Fuel Consumption" on the Info screen remains displaying _ _ . _

The Trip consumption does update

Any ideas? I can't see anything in the manual.

The Best MPG isn't stored until you hit Reset, which then stores the Current MPG average as Best and clears Current.

Reset All, clears both these settings and the tracked graph.

At least that's how I think it works, as I don't often twiddle with them.

Do you know that the central display also records the average mpg since filling up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farqui said:

The Best MPG isn't stored until you hit Reset, which then stores the Current MPG average as Best and clears Current.

Reset All, clears both these settings and the tracked graph.

At least that's how I think it works, as I don't often twiddle with them.

Do you know that the central display also records the average mpg since filling up.

Ah! Thanks - I'll try that (Reset). I have seen the central display - but that is just a copy of the value on the big screen (to the right of "Best Past Consumption").

Thinking about it - the Reset would not necessarily put the "Best" value into the memory, just the one the driver selects at Reset time?

That's right, Best is user selectable and confuddled me for a while too.

The dash mpg may not be the same pal, as it's auto reset per fill up. Yours is probably the same at the mo as you reset the at the same time.

Have a play and see how it goes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

44 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Hey Sandro, how'd you get on with the mpg recording?

Yeah - did it. It's a bit of "brinksmanship" - Do I hit the reset now? Or will it get better in a few miles?

Currently, Overall best is locked at 25.7 mpg, while running average is 25.3 mpg. Just after I locked in the 25.7, it reached 25.9, but I thought - "B*gger it. They way it's going, I'll soon be over 30mpg - don't shoot just yet!" That's when we hit the traffic :~(

BTW, I  put these less than stellar figures down to short trips which needed engine on to bring us out of the Ice Age!

• Like 1

Yeah the colder temps do bring down the mpg somewhat.

Over the year I've average 35mpg and see a slight drop now that it's consistently colder. 

I live in the sticks and have a good few miles to travel, so mine pretty much gets warmed through each time she's fired up.  

Try reset'g yours at the start of a longer, steady drive and the mpg's should increase.