Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to get a GS 450H

SpeedyGee

Hi folks. 

I'm an avid Honda fan, now looking to get a GS 450H as my next purchase. A few may recognise my username from the Honda scene and forums ( @First_Lexus, hello buddy :smile:)

I know the in's and out's of Hondas to a good degree but Hybrids and Lexus would be a new ball game for me. 

I think it'll be a good change and something new to get my teeth into. I'm no stranger at taking engines or gearboxes apart, very experienced LPG installer, like dabbling with electronics, basically I'm not shy of taking anything on. 

Anyway, I look forward to interacting with some of you on the forum. 

• Like 1

Hi Lee. 

It'll be around 2008-2010.

I have driven one yes, really impressed with the level of refinement. It's totally different to my 2.4 Accord or my 350Z but in no bad way, it's a refined cruiser, which is what I'm after. 

The CVT will take a little getting use to but it's nothing that I'm not expecting. 

I've been looking into get one for a while know, so I've done a fair bit of reading up, I don't have anything to ask at the minute. Will post up if do though :thumsbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Soooo.. I picked up a Gs 450H in black (Oh Lord how did I ever end up with an all black drive .. all three cars we own are black !! Gulp !!)

Need to take some proper pics but here's a taster :-

20171223_092217_1.jpg

Things that needs attention are :-

• Needs a clay bar, polish and wax 
  • Engine bay is dirty
  • brake discs aren't great, will look at changing those at some point.
  • I think I may have spotted an oil leak or at least some sign of some oil dripping off the cooling pipes for Hybrid System, down the nearside of the engine
  • Have a think about getting Android phone mirrored up on the Sat Nav screen
  • Even though the oil has just been changed by the previous owner I'll do another change very soon. I like to do a couple of quick oil changes within a few hundred miles of each other when I first get a car. I'll count his change as one and I'll down my own one. 

Initial impressions are good. I'm still finding my way round the cockpit. I'm quite liking the laid driving approach that the Hybrid encourages.

The 450H has replaced a Nissan 350Z so it's an all together different beast totally, although in a straight line sprint I think the Lexus may actually have beaten the 350Z :laugh:

I took it down to London and back on Saturday and the economy wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. 

I was actually thinking of selling my '05 Accord 2.4 Type S once I'd got the Lexus but now I think I'll just LPG the Accord and keep that as well. I can get the costs equivalent of 50 to 60MPG once the 2.4 is LPG converted.

It's a huge shame the 450H's can't be LPG'd would have loved to put a system in that. 

If anyone's interested I can do a thread on the LPG of the Accord once I get round to it, probably some time in Jan.

• Like 1