Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BMW 750 trading to GS450h SE

UKDarkstar

Hi all

(About to be) new owner here. Just two days away from trading my 2006 750 Beamer for a 2010 GS450h SE. I realise it’s a little bit of a trade down and I’m going to be losing quite a few gadgets but generally looking forward to Lexus ownership.

The Beamer has to go due to the dreaded valve stem seals problem but the Lexus seems a good buy. No sunroof or heated steering wheel and, unfortunately, doesn’t seem to have ACC. Is there any way of checking the “standard” gadgets for a specific model ?

Garage has had the batteries checked at main dealer and will give it a service themselves. I basically do a daily round trip of 110 miles (motorway) for work, rest will be local round town driving at weekends.

Will be wanting to update the satnav - think it’s usb - any recommendations to avoid dealer prices ?

also, anyone recommend a good third party garage in Poole/Bournemouth area ?

Cheers everyone. Have been browsing the forums and you seem a good bunch !

Kevin

If you search on Lexus tech site you can verify with VIN number the exact characteristic of your new car, about sat nav update you need to verify which kind on system is mounted, if emvn with hdd it's possible to update it via usb,  but you have to tell the dealer the exact registration number to have a personal copy of maps and firmware . A solution to spare some money is to buy maps and download them , writing to a 32 or more GB  usb key and make update by yourself, not so difficult but it needs some informatic knowledge; I just updated my emvn navi with some initial troubles because of a memory not good for job, if you go for official Lexus service they  tell to let them  make all (at about twice the cost).

Welcome. The car looks in splendid condition. What mileage?

Here is a 2010 GS450h brochure - bad link see below - which should help with what features you should have.

I was surprised at the list of stuff that gets added to the SE for the SE-L but you do have CC if not ACC. I guess it is the modern way of marketting.

Hope it helps.

John

On 07/12/2017 at 7:59 PM, UKDarkstar said:

I realise it’s a little bit of a trade down

Ugh !  it's always a trade UP from a BMtroubleWu to a Lexus  .........  sorry joking ( not really :unsure: )

I'm a solid 15 years Ls400 man through and through and have had many other cars at the same time ( I owned a carsales business AND had a few BMWs too )

I doubt you will regret your trading-up to a Lexus

Best wishes whatever

Malc

Yeh, I had a pretty full specced 750 as it was an ex embassy car. My GS is an SE but no moonroof (love how they call it that !) or ACC which is the thing I miss most. Also my heated steering wheel (I leave for work around 6am so really good in winter). I’m sure I will be a happy owner and maybe plan a trade in a couple of years down the line to get something with all the goodies 😄

The GS seems in good condition with 77800 miles. Waiting for main dealer to get a spare key and do a Battery check which the retailing garage is paying for. Main dealer says they are not sure they can code it when they get it ???

Have identified satnav needs an update but not sure how I identify if it’s dvd or usb stick ?

7A35BE73-2E3A-4328-AB29-06F733F9C19D.jpeg

2 hours ago, OldTrout said:

Welcome. The car looks in splendid condition. What mileage?

Here is a 2010 GS450h brochure https://www.flickr.com/gp/130382511@N04/5QiPXE which should help with what features you should have.

I was surprised at the list of stuff that gets added to the SE for the SE-L but you do have CC if not ACC. I guess it is the modern way of marketting.

Hope it helps.

John

That is an odd looking brochure you have linked John. :smile:

Oh bother! I have now removed the files that link pointed at.

Dropbox not behaving and I am unable to copy a link to the 2010 brochure and I don't know why.

Sorry. The normal link copying doesn't work,

Plan B: try https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmfbx5a8nb6cv69/GS-450h-2010.pdf?dl=0

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links