Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F running costs - the truth

8 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Part of the ownership "experience" of classic/rare bikes and cars is that some things are a challenge. 

A lot of owners enjoy this aspect; the search for the holy grail, the handing over of the cash for a shiny object, posting a photo on the forum to show you have achieved the impossible.

There isn't much joy walking into Halfords for a wiper blade is there? 

Or an IS220,lol.

Let the battle commence

11 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Or an IS220,lol.

Let the battle commence

but you know.... actually there are less mk2 combined (IS220d, IS250 and ISF) than say single model of BMW M5, M3 or MB C63's... so you can consider IS220d as rare car as well...

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Part of the ownership "experience" of classic/rare bikes and cars is that some things are a challenge. 

A lot of owners enjoy this aspect; the search for the holy grail, the handing over of the cash for a shiny object, posting a photo on the forum to show you have achieved the impossible.

There isn't much joy walking into Halfords for a wiper blade is there? 

Depends who works on the counter.    ;)

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

That's because it's ****. 

People simply use it wrong, should never be used for short city journeys, though only manual gearbox option is strange....

But look to bright side - plenty of cheap parts for IS-F.... :whistling:

• Like 1

Just popping out to convert my IS200t to an ISF

Apart from a radiator and a bit of piping what else do I need chaps....I have a Euro car parts up the road, oh yeah and a Screwfix.

:wink3:

Great thread by the way, It kind of makes me feel warm inside..and I don't even own one :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Just popping out to convert my IS200t to an ISF

Apart from a radiator and a bit of piping what else do I need chaps....I have a Euro car parts up the road, oh yeah and a Screwfix.

:wink3:

Great thread by the way, It kind of makes me feel warm inside..and I don't even own one :biggrin:

You could even use the seats - they are exactly the same.........

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

People simply use it wrong, should never be used for short city journeys, though only manual gearbox option is strange....

But look to bright side - plenty of cheap parts for IS-F.... :whistling:

Spot on Linas, i recall this was also written in the manual on page 1 in BIG capital letters. -- never use this vehicle for short city journeys - 

if i am not mistaken there was even a sticker on the rearview mirror with thesame text.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

but you know.... actually there are less mk2 combined (IS220d, IS250 and ISF) than say single model of BMW M5, M3 or MB C63's... so you can consider IS220d as rare car as well...

Yea it's rare but so is ebola, doesn't mean I want one.

All joking aside, my daughter put her feet against my glove box and scuffed it, wonder if an IS220 glovebox for would fit.  

I really hope it doesn't!!lol.

• Like 2

@dutchie01 We badly diverge and I know you joking, but that should be the case for every diesel car. When you give person a loan you need to do suitability check, however when selling cars it is fine to say "forget to mention" what is the car most suitable for.

Black, if interior is black and and beige is interior is cream. Funny enough, my glove-box is scratched as well so my car would be no good, I might need to find some IS220d donor. I would buy your IS-F from you, but Red is one of my least favorite colours together with Silver :biggrin:

18 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Black, if interior is black and and beige is interior is cream. Funny enough, my glove-box is scratched as well so my car would be no good, I might need to find some IS220d donor. I would buy your IS-F from you, but Red is one of my least favorite colours together with Silver :biggrin:

The red/silver isn't the ISF's fault though, it's a IS220 part!

Also, as the driver or a black IS it seems you have no taste.  If you put a V8 in it then it's practically an ISF and black ISFs are my least favourite! Lol 

I though Black is elegant... and back on the topic - more reliable as well !:biggrin:

...if I would get black IS-F that to be honest would be 3rd black mk2 IS for me, I had black, then cadoxton slate and now black again. Colour and taste obviously are subjective, but I must admit that would be little unoriginal at very least. As such I tend to look for white ones from time to time.

three years, 30,000 miles. 800 quid on fixing misfire which was the mass air flow meter , broken spark plug and squashed air intake which would have leaked around the sea under load. all non warranty repairs.

on top of that new front discs n pads. Lots. i forget, but a grand or something from a Stealer.

new tyres. (winter and summer). Again lots.

that's all general wear and tear though. 

lastly, a paint magician in a van to mend the bloody dent some git put in the door as it was parked outside a client. It was quite a job and that cost a fair amount too. again I forget, because its best not to remember.

• Like 1

First ISF ran for 16 months , one minor service was around £300 then a leaking rear shock discovered at MOT cost £330  - all done at the Lexus dealer. Took out the warranty £795, this the paid for a new waterpump £400. Big 60k service done at 120k miles was £900 done just prior before I sold it so I reckon net of £1925 or around £120'per month which doesn't sound so bad.

Current ISF - owned for 9 months. - zero cost bar £180 for some minor cosmetic repairs and the roof wrap being removed so £20 per month which sounds great!

• Like 2