Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F running costs - the truth

8 minutes ago, Toothy said:

With all the recent snowy weather I'm getting a measly 12MPG on my current tank!

I don’t think I’ve been above 4000 rpm in the last few weeks 😢

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yes, they can be juicy.

RC-F seems more frugal.

Yes, I find the same with the GS-F, struggled to hit 30 with the IS, achieved 34.3mpg on a run up to Manchester last week.

• Like 1

I took the boot and bonnet off my wife's cardoxton 220d to put them on my red IS-F. I thought it would make it look like it had carbon fibre panels. The boot fitted perfectly, but the bonnet was missing a bulge. That was a wasted weekend

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

I took the boot and bonnet off my wife's cardoxton 220d to put them on my red IS-F. I thought it would make it look like it had carbon fibre panels. The boot fitted perfectly, but the bonnet was missing a bulge. That was a wasted weekend

Now that’s funny!!!!!! 😀

3 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Are you sure the bonnet didn't fit, it's only the engine and gearbox that's different !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MNMJ said:

I bet I know the problem, most people don’t shut the bonnet correctly, they lower it and push it shut, your actually supposed to slam it shut, I’m sure that will work 🙄.......don’t give up, I’m sure it’ll shut eventually 😂🤣

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I bet I know the problem, most people don’t shut the bonnet correctly, they lower it and push it shut, your actually supposed to slam it shut, I’m sure that will work 🙄.......don’t give up, I’m sure it’ll shut eventually 😂🤣

And that’s funny too!!!! 😀

44 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Then it will have the bulge in it, just like an IS220 should!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MNMJ said:

@MNMJWasted weekend I dunno about that 2 days playing with cars not speaking to the wife sounds like heaven 😉

🐀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Did your IS-F bonnet at least fitted wife's IS220d ? :rolleyes:

(I know it doesn't... just trying to save you next weekend...)

On serious note.. please stop misquoting me... I never said that the only difference between IS-F and IS220d are gearbox and engine, I just said those to would be most expensive to fix if failed and least likely to find used (or in other Lexus models). It is quite obvious that not all body panels fits (though doors, boot lid would fit).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Did your IS-F bonnet at least fitted wife's IS220d ? :rolleyes:

(I know it doesn't... just trying to save you next weekend...)

On serious note.. please stop misquoting me... I never said that the only difference between IS-F and IS220d are gearbox and engine, I just said those to would be most expensive to fix if failed and least likely to find used (or in other Lexus models). It is quite obvious that not all body panels fits (though doors, boot lid would fit).

We're only joking Lina's, you know what we are like on here.  

Thick skins are compulsory as a member of this forum lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

We're only joking Lina's, you know what we are like on here.  

Thick skins are compulsory as a member of this forum lol

Is this ISF skin thicker than the is220d?

• Like 2

Right stop this now. 

1 minute ago, Comedian said:

The best thing to move over is the 220d badge - instant theft deterrent. 

Right. Stop this now. We all know that GT86 parts will transfer directly to the RCF!!!

😜

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Right stop this now. 

Right. Stop this now. We all know that GT86 parts will transfer directly to the RCF!!!

😜

Lol maybe just the boot lid and lights..

• Haha 1