Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F running costs - the truth

Snowing outside, sat in front of the fire, I'm reading some other threads about IS-F ownership. I thought it might be helpful to post a list detailing what it really costs to run an IS-F.

So, excluding brakes, tyres and fuel, feel free to share your costs in the following format -

Length of ownership: Approx 18 months

Repairs outside of warranty: New drivers seat due to clicking - £75 (second hand)

Repairs covered by warranty: New steering rack - £3500

Total cost - £3575    Total cost to me - £75

• Like 1

13 months in and nothing lexus-made has broken (some issues related to my modifications).

My first service did cost me £1000 though. Due to not knowing the exact details of previous services and 107k miles on the clock, I played it safe and did the spark plugs and gearbox fluid along with the routine items. Along with the tax, insurance and fuel economy it isn't cheap to run but I think it is definitely worth it 😎

• Like 1

In the 2.5 years I had my ISF, apart from a water pump (about £400?), I didn’t have to spend a penny that I didn’t want to. A great car, solidly built. General servicing was taken car of by a service plan which was about £35/month. 

Here’s hoping the GSF is as good! 

14 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Two years next month, a fuse in the glovebox and that was my fault 39p 😳

🐀

I don't think I would ever recover from something like that..............................

• Haha 1

Just now, NothernDan said:

4 or 5 months (can't remember now).

10k miles

Just servicing and the dreaded water pump (about 400quid after members discount).

P.S. that's on a 2009 with 54,500 miles on it as of now.

@Mark GHave no fear matey should this shocking expense befall you your trusty crew will carry you bodily to the below establishment to save you the lengthy journey from your gaff , opposite, and ply you with food and drink to recover.............

IMG_0595.thumb.JPG.d44bf717d39399090eef07aceb1cb13a.JPG

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Two years next month, a fuse in the glovebox and that was my fault 39p 😳

🐀

Keep the receipt so new owner knows this has been carried out. :happy:

Unscheduled costs to me going on 2.5 years of ownership:

- £20 exhaust tips - one side fell off

- Two left tyres replaced after side walls punctured

No warranty but have a 3yr service plan.

Owned for 1 year. Just servicing and new set of tyres (approx £800).
Previous to that in the car's life (family owned since new, 5 years and 28K miles) it's just needed servicing.

£450 in the first month of ownership for the water the from Lexus the car had 64000 miles at the time I think, luckily they spotted it when I had it in for a service rear tyres seem to go down pretty quickly though I wouldn't have a clue why that is 😯

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

£450 in the first month of ownership for the water the from Lexus the car had 64000 miles at the time I think, luckily they spotted it when I had it in for a service rear tyres seem to go down pretty quickly though I wouldn't have a clue why that is 😯

First set of tyres on mine lasted around 27,000. Only changed due to cracking and inner tyre wear on the fronts. Still had a few thousand miles left in the rears, even more in the fronts.