Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do you see Blue?

rayaans

Yes, Structural Blue outside looks good. God knows how you would repair it if got scratched.

Shame about the orange/white interior which is the only option with this colour. Lexus are silly not allowing customer choice of interior trim. IMO a light grey leather interior would look good. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Yes, Structural Blue outside looks good. God knows how you would repair it if got scratched.

Shame about the orange/white interior which is the only option with this colour. Lexus are silly not allowing customer choice of interior trim. IMO a light grey leather interior would look good. 

Thats exactly what I was thinking about scratches and scrapes etc. 

I quite like the interior colour - think it looks pretty exclusive.

37 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

The same as they do Sonic Red, respray the complete panel .... :wacko:

Yes.... but even then with that much of metallic/pearl effect it would be hard to blend the panel in....

In general pearl colours are better in hiding smaller chips and scratches, but for me it sounds like nightmare to colour match and paint... definitely not something you could do in some random paint shop. Considering process to make the pigment I bet that will be very expensive affair. 

What I found quite interesting is that colour actually doesn't have blue pigment.. quite amazing. 

As for interiour I agree with @malcolmw.... and not that the option is good or bad - I am sure it is subjective, some people will love it some other will hate it, but my problem is that Lexus does not allow the customer to choose - what can be more exclusive than something you have picked yourself and maybe only exists in your single car?

Hi,

People have different ideas. I have ordered this car because of the interior. It seemed that the only way that I could get this interior (after the first edition and in the UK) was in this special edition and when I ordered it I didn't have a clue what structural blue was. In the mean time I've seen this interior in a white first-edition-car. I still like it a lot but I'm quite happy that I'm getting it in a blue car. Very blue, as I understand now. I'm expecting delivery next week. 

I am thinking about getting it wrapped. Not sure though. Any advice?

Yours,

Ben 

Clear wrap seems to be the only way... especially if you planning to keep it, otherwise if you only plant to say keep it for 3 years or so, then I guess it is not worth investing in wrapping.

3 hours ago, bvhout said:

Hi,

People have different ideas. I have ordered this car because of the interior. It seemed that the only way that I could get this interior (after the first edition and in the UK) was in this special edition and when I ordered it I didn't have a clue what structural blue was. In the mean time I've seen this interior in a white first-edition-car. I still like it a lot but I'm quite happy that I'm getting it in a blue car. Very blue, as I understand now. I'm expecting delivery next week. 

Yours,

Ben 

PPF has its advantages and disadvantages. Main one is the golf ball effect also called peppering. 

Lexus tends to respray panels regardless of how small the damage.  It's easier and looks much better than leaving clear coat lines everywhere

Although in cases of stone chips, you could get away with doing a fill and wet sand method which would be almost invisible. 

15 hours ago, bvhout said:

Hi,

Yours,

Ben 

I looked at clear wrap when i got my RC-F, as Linas.P says it depends on how long you intend to keep the car, other than the odd chip hear and there i would say that 90% of stone chips are on the front bumper, so it depends a lot on your driving patten, I had my RC-F for 27 months and all i had was a very small chip about the size of a pin head on my bumper, but I hardly spend any time on the motorway which is were i would expect you would pick up most chips. for the price of a wrap you could probably get the hole front bumper re sprayed 4 times