Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Covers on corners of 2007 model Lexus IS 220d

kullyb

Hi can anyone tell me what these covers are for?

came to the car today after all the snow has cleared and found this cover open and it will not close

i have attached a photo

thanks in advance for yet again the support

kully

BD9C02CA-97FF-4C94-A078-B2E9F66080CB.jpeg

By the looks of it you do have headlight washers fitted. They use the washer fluid to push up the cover when operating and it looks like its frozen the fluid and expanded pushing it up. Try heating the area up gradually with luke warm water.

• Like 1

Ice and grit caught underneath?

Will they lift up further? Perhaps if they are simply dummy covers they may well unclip. I would advise caution though in this cold weather as the plastic could be very brittle!.

I'm surprised Lexus would fit covers without the washers, normally a different bumper is fitted, without the cutouts

Thanks all I will try to warm it up and see what may be

I previously noted that there is a button inside for headlight washing but it never worked so I assumed it was a dummy

even now cover is open it’s not discarding any water so may be faulty as it’s never worked before

guess I’ll pop down to local Lexus dealer for advice and see what they say

no doubt another expense coming soon after someone hit the car other day and left no note to admit it. £200 repair cost to bumper and now this

• 2 months later...

Yeah the pipes had frozen just got to let them thaw when weather improved which they did

low and behold it’s happened again along with water tank frozen

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Hi Milly I own a LS430 and for that model the head lights have to be on for the washers to work when you press the button. It might be the same for you.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk