Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thoughts on Grand Tour 2 so far?

Flytvr

They really seems to be "unleashed now"... quite discriminating at point even beyond "my levels"... so far I consider GT as improvement over first series, with one caveat - I really hate celebrity part, I hate it since Top Gear times... in nutshell I don't really appreciate "celebrities", they are just normal people made popular by other people... 

• Like 1

Indeed, I believe GT1 EP1 was really uplifting and good, but then there were some episodes completely non-sense.... like literally completely unrelated to motoring... and I understand that GT is as much about trio bickering each other as it is about the cars, but some episodes were completely about bickering... e.g. the one in Jordan or Yemen spec. ops base was really tiring and boring:

What about new "team racing driver"? who is she?

Just seen Ep1 Ser2.

Loved the line from Clarkson that sums up my ISF experience..."turning petrol (pause for emphasis) into noise!"

Otherwise as others have said the celebrity slot is a bit yawn inducing 

I've just finished watching the 2nd episode as well and so far I think the show feels alot more relaxed in this series.

Anyone noticed how much paint has come off the side skirts of that blue Jag lol.

I was doing all the time since Top Gear times... I was actually fine with F1 drivers in "reasonably prices car", because to be honest at least they are paid to be best drivers in the world and you can see what they can do on track even it cheap and underpowered car. But celebrities... honestly waste of time. GT1 was kid of fun where they had "brain crash", ridiculous but fun, but obviously after 10 series it was time for it to go.

• Like 1

Having watched episode 2 tonight, it's a good show, the celebrity section just takes out a slot which would be much h better used for for another car review/news, which would make the show even better. 

• Like 2

Completely agree, for us "car people" that is...

However, production team are not fools they know that "general public" might even only come to see some gossip about some "******* celebrity", so they have to include that part to increase the views. As for now, at least watching it on amazon it is possible to skip it, pretty much no adverts and the rest of content is fairly good. I am glad Ford GT won the race :yes:

If the ford GT won it's possible they sat down and worked out how to make sure it did. They fix everything. So if something real happens it's hard to believe as they lied so many times before.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Just treat it as a blockbuster movie, switch off an enjoy 😊 That’s what I do.

That reminds me, I’ve got to get the chimnies cleaned as Santa is only 8 or so days away 😀

4 hours ago, Comedian said:

If the ford GT won it's possible they sat down and worked out how to make sure it did. They fix everything. So if something real happens it's hard to believe as they lied so many times before.

Of course they did, everything is scripted.... There are no "reality shows" per say. Problem is that whoever was scripting for BBC was tending to promote public transport, bicycles etc. whereas now they demote it and lets the car win. Obviously, there are so much random thing which could happen that there are no chance they going to come within minutes from each other.

8 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I wanna know more about their new driver.  When they talked about her it was almost as if they were purposely not going into detail.  

Got me suspicious, lol.

21 hours ago, Linas.P said:

3 hours ago, stevet said:

Daft question but how do you watch it? We've just got Sky and can't find it.

No you need to have amazon Prime, or you can buy it on amazon and watch it on Prime... But if you ever use amazon it is no-brainer not to get prime access and just get Grand Tour as a freebie in addition with free express postage and so on. 

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Looking good in UHD.

How do you get to load it in UHD? All I can get is 1080p even though I have chosen "best quality" in options and I have 1gbps internet... 

4 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

How do you get to load it in UHD? All I can get is 1080p even though I have chosen "best quality" in options and I have 1gbps internet... 

I've been disappointed with the picture quality compared to series 1. Am I the only one?