Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steamed up windows

Does any one else get really bad steamed up front screen and side windows?

Doesn't matter what the temp is on they just steam up very quick.. unless i have the Aircon on constantly which de mists rapidly.. Any one else in the same situation?

My GS on the other hand is excellent. I dint have my last ISF in the winter so just wanted to know who else suffers from this.

27 minutes ago, Ace8800 said:

Does any one else get really bad steamed up front screen and side windows?

Doesn't matter what the temp is on they just steam up very quick.. unless i have the Aircon on constantly which de mists rapidly.. Any one else in the same situation?

My GS on the other hand is excellent. I dint have my last ISF in the winter so just wanted to know who else suffers from this.

I don't have issues, bet there is moisture in the car somewhere.  

Either that or your a dogger!ha

Put a moisture absorbing bag in the car. About 5 quid. When it's full up you microwave it to reuse it.

I use them in our cars. I used to have to towel dry the aygo window and now it's dry every morning. The day it isn't I microwave it.

Also when you get out the car when it's warm leave the door open a while longer to let the warm air out and swap it with cold. Warm air can hold much more moisture, releasing it to cold windows as it cools.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Put a moisture absorbing bag in the car. About 5 quid. When it's full up you microwave it to reuse it.

I use them in our cars. I used to have to towel dry the aygo window and now it's dry every morning. The day it isn't I microwave it.

Also when you get out the car when it's warm leave the door open a while longer to let the warm air out and swap it with cold. Warm air can hold much more moisture, releasing it to cold windows as it cools.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The RAF used exactly these techniques in Harrier and Tornado cockpits.

😀

• Like 1

I think i found the area.. just saw drops of water at the bottom end of the rear screen on the inside.. i can only think it was when it was snowing i opened the boot and whole load of ice dropped into the boot, could have potentially formed from that. 

Never the less i will try to clear that and see and if that dont work i will try the moist bag.

Thanks guys.

Recommend leaving the a/c on permanently. Not only does it rapidly demist the windows and dehumidify incoming air it will also dry out the cabin generally.

Most a/c system benefit from being run continuously as it maintains the system seals as the refrigerant contains lubricants.

I never switch mine off, ever. done the same in every car I've owned that's had a/c.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Recommend leaving the a/c on permanently. Not only does it rapidly demist the windows and dehumidify incoming air it will also dry out the cabin generally.

Most a/c system benefit from being run continuously as it maintains the system seals as the refrigerant contains lubricants.

I never switch mine off, ever. done the same in every car I've owned that's had a/c.

But do turn it off at the traffic lights 😜

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Being a 'battery' car my a/c runs off the traction battery, so the engine shuts off at the lights but I still get a/c :yahoo:

Tick tick whirr tick tick whirring........ :whistling:

🐀

• Haha 1

agree run regularly but I don't run it all the time party to aid fuel consumption (to save the planet. In my 5L v8) but also as I find the air too dry I moisturising my face whilst I hammer down the m1 might be considered dangerous by some.

• Haha 1

A quick calculation. If you didn't have a return flight to Australia you can drive 17400miles in an F car with a clear conscious.

Just for fun, eating one burger in terms of greenhouse gas production gets you about 3 miles in an F car. (methane being 20x more potent than co2).

And don't feel bad about washing your F because the burger needs (est) 460 gallons for a quarter pounder. Notice how you have to stop washing your car in a drought but can still buy burgers though?

So Pete is entitled to more holidays and more burgers. I have no idea how this helps with steamy windows, but the thread was derailed long ago anyway  :xmas:

Invites to dinner parties welcomed :whistling1:

2 hours ago, lotusdave said:

agree run regularly but I don't run it all the time party to aid fuel consumption (to save the planet. In my 5L v8) but also as I find the air too dry I moisturising my face whilst I hammer down the m1 might be considered dangerous by some.

I've never found any detrimental effect on mpg by running the a/c, on any car I've had.

On 18/12/2017 at 9:11 AM, Toothy said:

Same as Peter, I keep my a/c on all the time.

If you've dropped a load water in the car, try leaving a tray of cat litter in there. It should draw the moisture out.

Yeah someone else told me that and they also said put rice on the affected area to soak up the water.

Since i cleared the rear screen of the moist from the inside its alot better.. still waiting for it to fully dry out.