Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, does the IS 250 have lights which come on when you open your boot so you see inside when it's dark. Mine doesn't seem to have them. Any help would be appreciated.

John.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, kellogsj said:

Hi everyone, does the IS 250 have lights which come on when you open your boot so you see inside when it's dark. Mine doesn't seem to have them. Any help would be appreciated.

John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its like a candle mate is it switched on.

• Like 1

Hi ,the boot light is terrible for a car of this quality  ,I have never seen one so useless .If you look in the owners recommendations  Parts pinned post at the start of this section you will find Normski lists a Festoon SMD 28 m/m long this works fine .I also have 2 cheap 2 inch dia Battery LED lights ;push on and off ,mounted by self adhesive velcro to help this time of the year .You can mount them anywhere you please .I do not mind having to push the button for a light as the boot light in the convertible is manual anyway   Literally back to the dark ages 

Dave

I too have been underwhelmed by the boot illumination and was toying with fitting these somewhere left and right.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-COURTESY-LIGHTS-IS250-RX330-350-LS430-460-600-LED-18SMD-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-/281994579840?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

paul m.

3 minutes ago, Texas said:

I too have been underwhelmed by the boot illumination and was toying with fitting these somewhere left and right.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-COURTESY-LIGHTS-IS250-RX330-350-LS430-460-600-LED-18SMD-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-/281994579840?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

paul m.

Seems like a good buy considering its a pair. I did all my interior with LED when i purchased it. unfortunate the boot one sent did not fit so never bothered.

Hi ,the boot light is terrible for a car of this quality  ,I have never seen one so useless .If you look in the owners recommendations  Parts pinned post at the start of this section you will find Normski lists a Festoon SMD 28 m/m long this works fine .I also have 2 cheap 2 inch dia battery LED lights ;push on and off ,mounted by self adhesive velcro to help this time of the year .You can mount them anywhere you please .I do not mind having to push the button for a light as the boot light in the convertible is manual anyway   Literally back to the dark ages 
Dave

Would fitting a LED light be better.

Just one up above when you open the boot, I was going to add additional light as it is terrible.

You're right, I found the light and it's shockingly bad for car of Lexus standard. I might try LED first, then attatching two seperate ones with Velcro.