Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Mod.. Kind Of.. :)

So I have debadged the IS and replaced with a genuine F Sport Badge. Secondly added door edge protectors as being in London'ish parking spaces are damn tight... Very discreet.

Next big mod is sitting at Heathrow clearing customs.. 2017 Rear Diffuser swap :)

a5633227-366f-4c03-8c20-24e29cf9adff.jpg

19dd95ef-38fb-44d5-87c8-25ce87c5516e.jpg

48d34e3b-d4ef-4a90-abe6-5fa5b8e82106.jpg

822028ab-2098-457c-a133-a7b4cc6ef9f9.jpg

6 minutes ago, BigChange said:

Like your door edge protectors.  Where did you buy them?  Not an import I hope !

Yes I did.. Lexuspartsnow.com they use the Fedex Cross Border service in which at checkout (paypal) you pay for the customs and duties in advance. for the badge and trims I paid 130 quid landed and delivered.

Interesting mods. I understand the need for door edge protectors in London. Luckily I don't need them where I live!

I think it would have been better to keep the IS300h badge and replace the Lexus badge with F Sport badge like they do in the US

18 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Interesting mods. I understand the need for door edge protectors in London. Luckily I don't need them where I live!

I think it would have been better to keep the IS300h badge and replace the Lexus badge with F Sport badge like they do in the US

Thanks dude, the Door edge protectors are a must for me as my elderly mum (previous experience) accidently hit a wall in a carpark as the space width is so tight.. For the badging I tried many combos tbh.. I found it very messy lol So just kept it cleanish with 1 badge :)

7 hours ago, BigChange said:

Curious that the door protectors are not available in the UK from Lexus UK.  With comparatively narrow UK parking spaces vs much wider US spaces you would think protectors would be a winner in the UK.

They are available in the UK. Dealers fit them to cars if asked sometimes for no cost if new.

I'd have thought that door edge protectors were available here. After all door anti chip protectors are available as I have them on my car. Look awful tho if damaged (must get round to lexus to get them to swap one gratis )

4 hours ago, S88HON said:

I spoke to my dealer and he looked shall we say a little confused.  

That's odd. Lots of them are fitted at the ports just before customer delivery by the dealers.

On a side note, badging still looks great. Just had the US style idea in my head. 

On 20/12/2017 at 10:34 PM, S88HON said:

I personally think that the accessory range on lexus website in the UK is very poor. No prices not even half the range... 

Yes I second that ! That is why I try get part numbers, usually they can order it as it comes up on their system, then again I buy abroad and even custom charges it some time work out bit cheaper than from Lexus UK dealers..Think I seen them door edge protectors on Nigel JDM parts website, what 2017 rear diffusser you getting ? Recently I got a prefacelift IS250/200t rear diffuser, all I need to get is some exhaust tips and get them welded on, won't be from Lexus though

39 minutes ago, ghost_killer said:

Yes I second that ! That is why I try get part numbers, usually they can order it as it comes up on their system, then again I buy abroad and even custom charges it some time work out bit cheaper than from Lexus UK dealers..Think I seen them door edge protectors on Nigel JDM parts website, what 2017 rear diffusser you getting ? Recently I got a prefacelift IS250/200t rear diffuser, all I need to get is some exhaust tips and get them welded on, won't be from Lexus though

I got the 2017 200T/350 one that uses the rectangular exhaust tips. I have everything I need and will hit my workshop next week on how to mount it.. The OEM rear boxes already have brackets welded on to the new tips are bolted onto them.. I'll try and do a 'how to' and how I did it..

36 minutes ago, C Mclean said:

Door edge protectors are simple to fit, they come with instructions for the position and all you need is a rubber/plastic hammer. Fitted them on both my IS and NX.

Yep the first one was a bit of a dog to fit as it kept on slipping out the channel when hitting the prescribed 'strike points' but after doors 3 and 4 they were on like a flash

• Thanks 1

Nice way to preserve your doors!

I have the same de-badge too, but I have left it blank with just the central Lexus badge. Being a Gen 3 IS250 it’s the same as the 300h but has twin exhausts, looks nice debadged.

Andrew and Blake, how did you remove the badges? Heat? Spudger?

I also prefer cars without badges, but almost eight years with second generation IS made me accept them, since those badges were fitted with pegs in holes (if I am correct), making it very impractical to remove them. Learning now that the current IS is easier to de-badge makes me quite interested in a little modding.

1 hour ago, mhult said:

I also prefer cars without badges, but almost eight years with second generation IS made me accept them, since those badges were fitted with pegs in holes (if I am correct), making it very impractical to remove them. Learning now that the current IS is easier to de-badge makes me quite interested in a little modding.

Dental floss and a hairdryer should work. Use some glue remover and a light polish afterwards 

3 hours ago, mhult said:

I've used the following method for a very long time. Fishing line (eBay for 5.99) around 15kg + line weight as I find stubborn badges will snap the line. in a 'flossing/sawing' motion the badges will tumble off.

Secondly for the adhesive piece I have always used Autoglym Intensive Tar remover. Dab the solution on the residue (which is normally glue and foam) leave for 10 minutes and it rubs off with your fingers. No need for heat etc.. This stuff is fabulous removing interior window stickers, bodywork stickers etc.. Then as Rayaan said I use a very light compound like Farecla G3 (like Tcut but milder) to get rid of the 'decal shadow' in the paint.

Agree with the guys above I always use dental floss and hairdryers .I recently debadged  the IS and that didn’t need the hairdryer, came straight off with the floss and after a polish was done.Thr RX Was done a while ago but that took a lot longer because of the glue so a dryer was used.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links