Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Push button garage door / gate opener.

With a keyless car, it is a pain to keep searching for the keys to use the fob to open gates and garage door, so have have built a Lexus one. :wink3:

I used an old spare remote, took it apart and the soldered 2 wires to the micro switch and attached the wires to a momentary push switch mounted in a blank switch panel.

Now just press the button and no need to try  to find my keys.

Photo of finished job to follow.

F45EBA34-2BC1-4BA2-A9E0-5F1C4BC24AF0.jpeg

• Like 1

I had one in my previous car and I'll be looking to do the same in my new (to me) GS 450H.

I'm also looking to do an app on my phone to do the same thing with voice recognition (more as fun project rather than necessity :smile:)

I have done a voice one with a sim in a box but it is not the most reliable thing.

i have also used a wi-if switcher one, but my wi-fi is very hit and miss, so done this as a ‘reliable’ backup.

I have problem with range on my remote control fobs, so another solution I am looking at is running a GPRS Arduino Shield at home, upon receiving a text message the Arduino can activate the fob and send the signal to open the gate. 

This way I can (hopefully get range extended) but I'm unsure of how quick a SMS message is delivered. I guess I'll have to build the circuit and then experiment.

On 27/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, SpeedyGee said:

I have problem with range on my remote control fobs, so another solution I am looking at is running a GPRS Arduino Shield at home, upon receiving a text message the Arduino can activate the fob and send the signal to open the gate. 

This way I can (hopefully get range extended) but I'm unsure of how quick a SMS message is delivered. I guess I'll have to build the circuit and then experiment.

I have used one of these which is an easy way to do it.  Not 100% reliable though as sometimes the phone rings it twice stopping the gate in mid flow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GSM-WIRELESS-DOOR-ACCESS-FREE-PHONE-REMOTE-CONTROL-GATE-RELAY-SWITCH-FABULOUS/232397868940?hash=item361bfe0f8c:m:mq20zhUoX3GG_vTl7jp8Q6w

My gates (rather annoyingly) don't stop opening once they have started opening. 

Also I want to use custom electronics and programming to make the SMS opening feature rather than purchase a ready made solution. 

On 27/12/2017 at 9:59 PM, Verbout said:

Hold the remote to your head, it extends the range.    :)

LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links