Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member - 2010 IS250 F Sport

JDM-Fiend

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and also the Lexus brand.

I've just recently bought a 2010 IS250 F Sport with 34k (now 35k) miles. It's a commuter car for work as I drive on the M25 and A2 everyday in Kent, so needed a nice auto for the daily 64 mile round trip. It's Argento Silver with a lot of options on it as I wanted one with the nav and memory seats, saw plenty without them too.

Only took pics this morning, needs a good wash, clay bar and wax:

20171228_091343_zpsje3npk10.jpg

20171228_091336_zpsitg7s8s9.jpg

Loved it so far, very smooth and comfortable. The suspension seems a bit stiffer now I'm living with it daily, but it's still very compliant. It's more the potholes or nasty ridges in the road that vibrate through the cabin. Just sorted the door unlocking last night as it wouldn't open the passenger door when I stopped or opened my door. Now the doors lock when starting the engine and shifting out of park and lock when shifting into park on stopping the engine, perfect! MPG was good on the way back from Stockport, sitting at around 40-43 mpg over 250 miles of mostly motorway. On a new tank of more realistic town and motorway, it's around 32-33 mpg which I think is very good considering the engine size and being an auto.

Things I love about the car - the looks, the seats, the 18 inch alloys, rear camera, Bluetooth streaming, electric seats and steering column, memory function, keyless entry and start.

A quick query while I have some attention, do people use the ECT power mode switch or leave it as standard? Only just read about it last night on this forum, elsewhere and also in the Lexus manual.

Any more hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

My IS250 lives in ECT Power mode!, I found the throttle curve (response) was too non linear in normal, if I'm on a long drive with my other half in the car I sometimes stick it in normal mode to have a gentle drive as she gets car sick if I hammer it round too many roundabouts!

Andrew

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, C Andrew Green said:

My IS250 lives in ECT Power mode!, I found the throttle curve (response) was too non linear in normal, if I'm on a long drive with my other half in the car I sometimes stick it in normal mode to have a gentle drive as she gets car sick if I hammer it round too many roundabouts!

Andrew

Interesting, I may give it a go on the way home. It definitely feels a bit lazy at times, which I assume is purely by design as it's not a race car and more of a relaxed/refined car. Makes sense that mpg might better as I feel like I'm sometimes having to use the accelerator a lot more due to the dulled throttle response much like an eco mode on most modern cars. Haven't tried the roundabouts yet and probably won't Andrew!

6 hours ago, igotthechronicbythetree said:

Interesting, I may give it a go on the way home. It definitely feels a bit lazy at times, which I assume is purely by design as it's not a race car and more of a relaxed/refined car. Makes sense that mpg might better as I feel like I'm sometimes having to use the accelerator a lot more due to the dulled throttle response much like an eco mode on most modern cars. Haven't tried the roundabouts yet and probably won't Andrew!

I'm not a hooligan, honest, just like to make progress! 'Haven't tried the roundabouts yet' how can you not have tried roundabouts yet? This is England, home of the roundabout! Much to my other half disgust (Thailand doesn't have all that many roundabouts , they just have dodgy 'U' turn gaps in the central reservation everywhere)

Andrew

I'm not a hooligan, honest, just like to make progress! 'Haven't tried the roundabouts yet' how can you not have tried roundabouts yet? This is England, home of the roundabout! Much to my other half disgust (Thailand doesn't have all that many roundabouts , they just have dodgy 'U' turn gaps in the central reservation everywhere)
Andrew

Sorry, was at work hence the lack of sense. I meant that I don't hoon it round the roundabouts, they are public roads and a source of chaos at the best of times! Thailand is mad, but you should try driving in India that is crazy!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the purchase. Same colour as mine!
I wasn't keen on having another silver car at first, but Argento Ice is a very light shade of silver and looks great on a sunny day. [emoji2]
Thanks, I'll probably appreciate it more once it's had a thorough clean!

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk